Do all dental schools have mandatory supplemental fee?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

planisphere

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After submitting AADSAS, some individual schools require their application fee like ~$80. Does every dental school have this?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
After paying $120 fee for each school on AADSAS, each school asking for another fee seems ridiculous...:mad: Thanks!
Wait until you see the price of tuition 😛

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Every school that I applied to, yes. They all had supplementary fees on top of the AADSAS fee
Someone on top said not every. May I ask how many you applied? I guess there are more schools that require the additional fee.

AADSAS fees pay for the processing at their end. Supplemental fees pay for the schools processing and interview costs. It's the cost of doing this business and is standard for higher education.

Reactions: 1 user
Before interviews. Like Mr.Smile12 said, AADSAS fee is to send it to the schools and the school fee is so they can process your app. Dental school ain’t cheap!
Man that's brutal :(

Yeah I’m out almost out 4K total so far for applying to schools and taking the DAT. Crazy how much they charge for higher education but this is the way I guess
You applied to only 9 schools (+ DAT which was about $500 I think?) and out $4k???

Yeah Kaplan DAT prep was 900 for me, test was 500, had to travel to take the exam so another 250 and then the dental schools apps plus supplemental fees was about 1700-1800 so close to 3800 then. I can go back and do a more accurate calculation if you want a better assessment but that’s what I’ve spent so far. Kaplan was expensive but worth it for score I got and 3800-4000 is a drop in comparison to what I’ll have to take out to afford dental school