RC setup on OAT

vc84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all those that have taken the OAT, I was just wondering for the reading comp. section are all the questions given to you on the screen (scroll down to see them all), or do they come up one at a time? Thanks!

Also did anyone feel like the Kaplan strategy for RC help? (read passage and take note of keyword, main message, etc? then answer questions) I tried this and I always run out of time.

Members don't see this ad.

The first screen is the passage itself. When you click next, the first question comes up with the passage below it. So you basically get the questions one at a time, but each question has the passage on a half-screen below it. It is kind of annoying that if you jump questions and happen to be reading in the middle of the passage, you have to find your place again for the next question. As for stategy, I began by reading the first question. Then I would go through the passage and when I came upon the answer to the first question I would answer it and go on to the next one until I found that answer. With this method, you are still reading the entire passage, but just answering the questions as you go. I got a 380 in RC using this method, so it definitely worked for me. If you know you are running out of time, then give this a shot and see how you do. Hopefully this helps. Good luck!