Ranking after school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stdmufin27

It's H-O-T in Sin City
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your ranking after school (O-1 I suppose)? AND will you increase in ranking during at least during the 4 years of obligatory active duty?

Members don't see this ad.

What is your ranking after school (O-1 I suppose)? AND will you increase in ranking during at least during the 4 years of obligatory active duty?

The day you graduate, you are O-3 w/ 0 years of time in service (TIS) if you are HPSP student.

If you are NAVY HSCP student, you time on the scholarship while in school counts towards TIS.

I BELIEVE that promotion from O-3 to O-4 is automatic after a certain amount of time in grade. Promotion after O-4 is competitive.

The day you graduate, you are O-3 w/ 0 years of time in service (TIS) if you are HPSP student.

If you are NAVY HSCP student, you time on the scholarship while in school counts towards TIS.

I BELIEVE that promotion from O-3 to O-4 is automatic after a certain amount of time in grade. Promotion after O-4 is competitive.

Promotion to 0-4 happens at 6 years pretty much automatically. The others generally take an additional 6 years each. They can happen slightly early for an exceptional officer or late or not at all for a particularly bad officer.