What does someone with bad grades and a low class rank need to do to get into a bravo program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSandlapper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am finishing up my first year of a 4 year HPSP pay back and so far I have enjoyed it. I’m not saying I will definitely go for 20 years, but if I did, I would want to either go bravo or specialize. I know it will be hard for me as I didn’t do well in school, I had a 2 something gpa and was last in my class. I applied to the one year AEGD and was not chosen, or even put on an alternate list. This said, what would it take to specialize or get into a bravo program?

Members don't see this ad.

You can't change what you got in dental school but you can always make your military resume stronger. For example, try to get EFMB, Airborne, or Air assault. Also, military offers you a lot of free CE courses that you can attend offered by different branches. Lastly, try to volunteer to get a leadership position such as DENTAC infection control officer or safety officer. I also recommend doing an externship at your nearest bravo program so you know what you are getting yourself into and also you get to know AEGD directors.