Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Be sure to read up on the FDA trying to limit cephalosporin use in food animals. It's a pretty hot topic right now!
:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! I will definitely read up on those things!

I thought there might be some people here that would appreciate this.. :laugh:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeiMo8v2Lq8[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay my friend sent me this on FB, but in recent light of the Disney game I thought you guys might get a laugh too.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/g-rBp3sawHU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Impressive pole dancing abilities. Wow. I know I could never do that... Bravo!

That's who I was thinking of! Hahaha

So I was looking for something completely unrelated to this thread (zombies) and I found another picture of LostBunny!!!! Creepy.... :scared:

images

[YOUTUBE]zdVuEpD9_IY[/YOUTUBE]

Makes me laugh every single time I see it.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but was looking at the SDN app in itunes and on the pictures they show posts by jmo1012 and scb44f (wish I could tag), no other forum on SDN shows up under pics. WTG pre-vet :D

PS - anyone have the app - good? bad?

I've noticed that! And I like the app! There's some stuff that could be done better, but I think it's much better than using the Internet browser on a phone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but was looking at the SDN app in itunes and on the pictures they show posts by jmo1012 and scb44f (wish I could tag), no other forum on SDN shows up under pics. WTG pre-vet :D

:love: Penny is famous!! thanks for sharing! miss my piggie-wish I could have her with me here :-/

ummm... okay how did you guys find video AND a photo of me? Is my life really a TV show and you've all been watching what I do since birth?.............. :scared:

Hahahaha, lost bunny that is seriously so funny...

I have the iPhone app. Love it! Except, it's hard to use emoticons. In fact I haven't quite figured out if that's even possible yet.

ummm... okay how did you guys find video AND a photo of me? Is my life really a TV show and you've all been watching what I do since birth?.............. :scared:

Damn... we let the secret out, PP. ;) Sorry you had to find out this way, LB :oops:

Haha I noticed that! I have the app and like it. It has the option of loading from the last post you read in that thread, which I really like. It has it's bugs (like it'll want to throw an extra page onto the end of really long threads so it pops up blank), but it's worth getting, especially if it's still free.

So...not related to anything in this thread, but I just ordered a "Diamond Candle" (www.diamondcandles.com) and it gave me a code for $5 off an order. So, if any of you want to use it, here's the link:

http://www.curebit.com/x/Gjjae

This will be my first candle (I ordered Lavender Lemon) and I am excited to see what I find. My bff's mom has gone through a few of these candles and enjoyed them, so I know they've been tested and approved as worthwhile.

So...not related to anything in this thread, but I just ordered a "Diamond Candle" (www.diamondcandles.com) and it gave me a code for $5 off an order. So, if any of you want to use it, here's the link:

http://www.curebit.com/x/Gjjae

This will be my first candle (I ordered Lavender Lemon) and I am excited to see what I find. My bff's mom has gone through a few of these candles and enjoyed them, so I know they've been tested and approved as worthwhile.

They are pretty cool. Has ur bff's mom ever found the really expensive rings before?

They are pretty cool. Has ur bff's mom ever found the really expensive rings before?

these are so neat AND i LIVE in durham!!! Where they are made! hehe has anyone actually ever found a nice ring in them? I am getting very tempted to buy one...i love a nice surprise!

these are so neat AND i LIVE in durham!!! Where they are made! hehe has anyone actually ever found a nice ring in them? I am getting very tempted to buy one...i love a nice surprise!

Yeah, I feel like these candles are the adult version of cereal box prizes. I can't wait to see what's in mine! I bet once you find a ring, it gets addicting.

Not sure, she hasn't had any of them appraised, but we think at least one of them was in the $500 range

so fun!! I'm debating which scent to buy (seeing how they look like they might take awhile to melt down!!)

In spirit of St. Patties!!

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/oax3cUFsBSw[/YOUTUBE]

Gosh, I really such at making those work... cant be too complicated... don't know what I am doing wrong?

I really wanted the apple one, but it's not in stock :(

that one would smell so nice! I hope they get it in stock soon! I'm debating between midnight kiss and the lavender lemon!

Anybody play Draw Something?
Username: Eukarya
Come at me! :laugh:

As recommended, I just started a list with all the things I've done so far, so I have it ready in 3 years and don't have any trouble remembering.

Should I put down the award I got for being an outstanding Spanish I student? And how would I list that I worked in a preschool for 3 years? It wasn't actually a job, but a class I took where I learned about Early Childhood Education and part of it was working in the preschool at my HS. I was told to least it, because it shows leadership, but how would I do that?

As recommended, I just started a list with all the things I've done so far, so I have it ready in 3 years and don't have any trouble remembering.

Should I put down the award I got for being an outstanding Spanish I student? And how would I list that I worked in a preschool for 3 years? It wasn't actually a job, but a class I took where I learned about Early Childhood Education and part of it was working in the preschool at my HS. I was told to least it, because it shows leadership, but how would I do that?

I was told that I could not include any assignments or projects from classes on app, so I don't know if you can include the work at the daycare.

I added some important research that I did as part of a class (but went above and beyond for work). I thought it was appropriate to list it as long as I made it clear in the description that it was a part of my class. You don't send in HS transcripts, so I think you could probably work it in somehow.

Ok, thank you.

Also, I was on foal team and watched the foals at the hospital. Does that count as animal or vet experience? We had techs and vets check in every one in a while..

is this all HS stuff? if so, i honestly wouldnt bother including it (unless it is animal/vet related). mainly because by the time you apply you should have built up other awards and things that make you stand out as a mature and responsible adult. could just be me though

I thought so, too, but have read here several times that HS stuff should be included..

I thought so, too, but have read here several times that HS stuff should be included..

grain of salt...

honestly if i were an adcom person, i'd be rolling my eyes and/or flat out ignoring HS stuff on an accomplished person's app (and i'm pretty sure you're going to have TONS to put on your app given all that you've already done this year alone) and if it was a relatively empty app and this person was putting HS stuff down, it would maybe raise questions as to why they were involved and honored in HS and not much since then. just my take on the matter.

HOWEVER if you're applying really early to vet school, then it might be more relevant. these individuals are the ones that stuff all their pre-reqs into 2 years of college and just go on to vet school (not talking about non-trads!!!!)

I don't have the best grades, so I'm worried about the awards/honors section. :(

I don't have the best grades, so I'm worried about the awards/honors section. :(

you dont have to have them for grades, they can be little things from other clubs (and then you get to boast your diversity even more :D) thats where the few things i listed were from

Ok. Thanks for your help.

Do you know how I should be putting down my foal team hours?

Ok. Thanks for your help.

Do you know how I should be putting down my foal team hours?

i wouldnt sweat the awards stuff :) you're also at a large university (which they will recognize) so there are going to be a lot more people "competing" for high honors and achievements. good for you if you have those embellishments, but otherwise not the end of the world :)

as for foal hours, maybe just roughly estimate each week how much time you've spent? its more of an honor system thing. if you say that you went once a week for an 8 hour shift over the last 3 years, your endpoint math has better match (i.e. you'd say you'd spent about 1200 hours there or less, not 2000-because even if you go every single week each year, you won';t have 2000 given those stats ;)). thats how i kept track of things-wrote down the dates/rough hours per and did some rough estimate math at the end. you can certainly document every hour minute and second spent, just know that it's not necessary haha

I have a book where I write the hours down, but I was more worried about whether foal team would be vet or animal experience. It is a student-run team, but vets and techs do check in a lot while we watch their foals.

I have a book where I write the hours down, but I was more worried about whether foal team would be vet or animal experience. It is a student-run team, but vets and techs do check in a lot while we watch their foals.

that i can't answer. but i'm sure VMCAS can, and you can worry about it when you submit your app some day (because i bet they'll have changed things around in the mean time because why not!) :)