Random Q: PGY1 salary at Tufts-NEMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MypetCat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just going through all the places I might end up. Yes, it is my OCD talking. For the life of me, I can't find the number for Tufts PGY1 salary. It's not Freida or their website. Any chance one of you still has the folder with that info?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know the exact salary, but I have a decent memory and seem to remember that it was about 43-44 K/yr. Sorry couldn't be of more help, but I do know that BU and Baystate have the highest PGY-1 salaries in MA (47 and 45.5 K, respectively), and Lahey and St. E's the lowest (both under 40K in the Boston area, WTF??). I don't mean to spy or seem creepy for overhearing random conversations, but if you are who I think you are, something tells me you'll get your first choice; check the list of unfilled programs! GL, ireland.

Is Tufts unfilled? How do we have access to the unfilled list? My NRMP report only gives statistics so far.

irlandesa said:
I don't know the exact salary, but I have a decent memory and seem to remember that it was about 43-44 K/yr. Sorry couldn't be of more help, but I do know that BU and Baystate have the highest PGY-1 salaries in MA (47 and 45.5 K, respectively), and Lahey and St. E's the lowest (both under 40K in the Boston area, WTF??). I don't mean to spy or seem creepy for overhearing random conversations, but if you are who I think you are, something tells me you'll get your first choice; check the list of unfilled programs! GL, ireland.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts filled. There is a list of unfilled programs on the general residency board. Maybe irlandesa thinks you are someone else? :rolleyes:

MypetCat said:
Is Tufts unfilled? How do we have access to the unfilled list? My NRMP report only gives statistics so far.

Yeah, I told him/her that too. I actually am a dual degree student so I am not from his/her class. So I am probably not who she thinks I am! Yeeeeee... I hate not knowing what is going to be in the envelope tom.

bof said:
Tufts filled. There is a list of unfilled programs on the general residency board. Maybe irlandesa thinks you are someone else? :rolleyes: