Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part 4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A short quiz:

In the Random Non-MCAT thread you are allowed to discuss all of the following EXCEPT:

A.) Breaststicks
B.) the MCAT
C.) cake
D.) VD

If you chose B then congrats! You are ready to begin postwhoring in the Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part Quatro :cool:

ProzacKitty17.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Don't freak!! It is really hard to learn at first.

Are you doing a specific organ system? Do you have a good atlas to study from?

i told her you'd help her beary you have to give her some tips! the only thing i was able to tell her was that its all pattern recognition and that she just has to see those things over and over again. of course, thats my view of histology. you're on a totally different level.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
i told her you'd help her beary you have to give her some tips! the only thing i was able to tell her was that its all pattern recognition and that she just has to see those things over and over again. of course, thats my view of histology. you're on a totally different level.

I will have to think of some epithelium tips this weekend! :)

i could post hold someone at the right moment for the right price.... ;)

molly why don't you start part 5 dahling. thanks lili i got that book today :)

Aww... :)

If Nikki wins it fair and square she should start the next one. But you're very kind, dahling!

Squamous cells are flat cells which form the surface of an epithelium (such as skin or mucous membranes). They can be identified histologically by the fact that they look flattened and thin under a microscope.

Epithelia lined by squamous cells can be classified as either stratified or simple. In simple squamous epithelia all the cells are in contact with the basal lamina (basement membrane) of the epithelium, whereas in stratified squamous epithelia the cells which line the epithelium are arranged in layers and as such some of them won't be in contact with the basement membrane.