Radiology book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

POD2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I need to buy a radiology book. What is a really good easy read radiology book for the
Foot and Ankle (for starters)?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Christman might not be the first radiology book you buy, but it could be your last.

It is an excellent source and some of the chapters are extremely well done. It's not an easy read, but some chapters have good tables which summarize the material well. WARNING: there is a massive typo in one of the chapters on technical radiography. See if you can find it!

I have read parts of Christman, and yes, it is a somewhat hard read. I liked Berquist better. I didn't really care for either though. I have found Radiologic Clinics useful for specific pathologies. I think journal articles and lit reviews can also be useful for radiographs, but again they are going to be specific to a pathology. I have actually found this to be much more helpful as it ties in other parts of the story, not just a radiograph. There are also some great websites out there as well, including www.eorif.com, www.wheeless.com, the UW Rad site and others. You should have seen plenty of radiographs by the time you hit 3rd year, not enough, but still. I guess it depends on how "basic" you want.