Racism???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdfirst

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, we all know that racism towards minorities still exist; its just a fact. I was wondering, have any black students felt any racism, bad vibes, etc while being in attendance at your particular medical school? if so, could you explain why you felt that way? and what school are you attending?

Members don't see this ad.

so, we all know that racism towards minorities still exist; its just a fact. I was wondering, have any black students felt any racism, bad vibes, etc while being in attendance at your particular medical school? if so, could you explain why you felt that way? and what school are you attending?

Nothing positive can come out of this thread. People will be people. If you're afraid of "bad vibes" then don't leave your house in the morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing positive can come out of this thread. People will be people. If you're afraid of "bad vibes" then don't leave your house in the morning.
:laugh: sad but true

I guess you are right

I am not in school yet but I am tired of hearing the oh you are a minority you will get in. i worked very hard to get to this point and i did not bank on being a minority. I just ignore them because my life is good, and its is easier for them to say that then to just believe that wow she's good. There are way more positive people than negative.

Maybe the question should be framed as a positive rather than a negative: which schools felt especially welcoming even past the admissions process?

Maybe the question should be framed as a positive rather than a negative: which schools felt especially welcoming even past the admissions process?

good question...thanks for re-phrasing that for me...

University of Mississippi SOM :thumbup:

For every undeserved minority who gets in, there is an undeserved person with connections who gets in. For every Barack Obama, there is a George Bush Jr.

For every undeserved minority who gets in, there is an undeserved person with connections who gets in. For every Barack Obama, there is a George Bush Jr.

George W. Bush (43) wasn't a Jr. His father was George H.W. Bush (41) and he is George W. Bush but not George Bush Jr. I went to undergrad with his brother Marvin. I tutored Marvin (who is quite sharp) in chemistry.

Urban Dict:

5. Junior

Someone who acts like they are capable of doing something special but cannot match their words with an action. Someone who brags but cannot come through.

True. The problem is that you all are minorities while we don't all have connections.