Racism, Guns, Politics, Religion, etc...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think they have a sign in the window that says "No Muslims"? Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.

Are we talking about someone being unwanted somewhere?

Or actual declared rules that are enforced, ie forcibly removing someone from the property?

There is a difference. And yes, I could easily see actual signs up. So let’s talk about facts, not feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Are we talking about someone being unwanted somewhere?

Or actual declared rules that are enforced, ie forcibly removing someone from the property?

There is a difference. And yes, I could easily see actual signs up. So let’s talk about facts, not feelings.

I think you missed my point. Or perhaps you just don’t want to acknowledge it. Just because you don’t see the descrimination doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

Or perhaps you consider anything less than a sign in the window with a big guy ready to kick ‘them’ out to be “just feelings”?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you missed my point. Or perhaps you just don’t want to acknowledge it. Just because you don’t see the descrimination doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

Or perhaps you consider anything less than a sign in the window with a big guy ready to kick ‘them’ out to be “just feelings”?

I think you misunderstood my point.

I’m fully aware that the discrimination is there, and to the point where they aren’t afraid to hide it... as in legitimately putting up a sign (if they truly had a problem with it to the extent you are saying).

I’m asking if just because you got a dirty look when you walked into a place, you figured you weren’t allowed.

Again, there’s a difference... I’ve lived in places that wouldn’t hesitate to tell you get lost or get killed, these types of people don’t hide discrimination. If they wanted you gone, they wouldn’t just give you a mean look.

Do you think they have a sign in the window that says "No Muslims"? Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.

There was literally one in Bexar County that made the news.
Of course, the fat idiot probably wouldn't be able to spot a Muslim.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I found two others on Google.

I still think it's funny that Sparda of all people is playing the halal soul brotha #1 angle.

I think you misunderstood my point.

I’m fully aware that the discrimination is there, and to the point where they aren’t afraid to hide it... as in legitimately putting up a sign (if they truly had a problem with it to the extent you are saying).

I’m asking if just because you got a dirty look when you walked into a place, you figured you weren’t allowed.

Again, there’s a difference... I’ve lived in places that wouldn’t hesitate to tell you get lost or get killed, these types of people don’t hide discrimination. If they wanted you gone, they wouldn’t just give you a mean look.

I think I do miss your point. Are you asking because you think Sparda didn’t face ‘real’ discrimination? Why normalize it or attempt to discredit it?

What’s the point of even suggesting that?

There was literally one in Bexar County that made the news.
Of course, the fat idiot probably wouldn't be able to spot a Muslim.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I found two others on Google.

I still think it's funny that Sparda of all people is playing the halal soul brotha #1 angle.

I never thought I’d be defending Sparda. Perhaps I should just let him speak for himself and enjoy the ride.

How can anyone think this is ok?
latest

Or rather, racism.

I will try to contain my shock.How can anyone think this is ok?
Nobody does.
People who put up those signs are religious extremists and are no different from ISIS/Daesh.

That's what makes Sparda's point so dumb.

"How dare this tiny extremist group that I'm assuming represents everyone that shares a political/social/religious link them discriminate against me because of a political/social/religious link I have to a tiny extremist group.

I'm going to stop your poorly thought out post right at the third sentence:

"Muh recreational nukes"

Who or what has the right to a nuclear weapon?

You cannot logically be in favor of or consider it justified for a government to ever bathe an entire city in nuclear fire and also at the same time think "assault weapons" are bad for civilian ownership.

When is it justified to use nuclear weapons?

The point obviously went over your head. I'll explain this slowly. See, the constitution reads that the citizenry has the right to bear arms. We'll ignore the whole well regulated militia part and concede the most gun-ownership friendly interpretation of this writing. So people can have arms. But this is silly in the most extreme cases. The "right to bear arms" has a logical point in which the average citizen shouldn't be allowed to have possession of an armament of mass devastation. As such, a line needs to be drawn where armament X and lower is okay, but armament Y and higher is not okay. To illustrate, I used an old fashioned bolt action hunting rifle that would take half an hour for an amateur idiot to murder dozens of people and a nuclear warhead, a thing that would murder millions in seconds, as examples of reasonable and unreasonable things for people to own. I thought that this would be incredibly obvious to anyone reading, but clearly I was wrong. So, see, your objection is exactly my point. The idea of people owning nuclear arms is ridiculous. So, LOGICALLY, the line of what is acceptable and unacceptable has to be somewhere in between. My point is that in a logical society, the debate should be centered upon that.

Also, and you do this frequently, when ever you type "muh [insert thing that you disagree with]," you sound intellectually infantile. Typing "muh" in front of something isn't an argument against it. It's just something that makes you sound like a 9 year old trying to make fun of a kid during recess. You probably shouldn't do it. It makes people not take you seriously.

Last edited:
The second amendment is intended to arm citizens well enough to overthrow the government in the case that tea is over-taxed. If anything, we should make small weapons illegal and allow larger artillary only to maintain the sentiment.
That's a slippery slope you're on. Do you not realized that that's potentially dangerous? To arm only law enforcement and military? That's exactly how governments end up overthrown...

The whole "citizens needs arms to overthrow a tyranical govt" thing is too out of date and unreasonable. WTF are you, Jim Bob, and the rest of the Iowa State Militia running around the countryside cosplaying Army Rangers with semi-auto rifles going to do against a government that has drones that fly unseen above you...with infrared sights...and can just drop bombs on your head with surgical precision?

Reactions: 1 users
So what are your thoughts on people simply not telling anyone they have a gun? Do you really think that is going to do anything to solve this "gun problem"?
someone in their family/friend group will tell on them for 1000 USD. Also the government keeps a list of all firearms sold in the country so this list could be used to prosecute degenerate gun owners. The main point would be to get guns out of of public areas and cities at first.
I will try to contain my shock.

How can anyone think this is ok?

Gun owners are not the most intellectual individuals you will meet. I have seen decals on the back of pick up trucks cab windows threatening to kill Muslims placed right next to big red NRA stickers. Owning assault rifles is a way of life that often entails discrimination.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody does.
People who put up those signs are religious extremists and are no different from ISIS/Daesh.

"How dare this tiny extremist group that I'm assuming represents everyone that shares a political/social/religious link them discriminate against me because of a political/social/religious link I have to a tiny extremist group.
I think there is a difference between, “I don’t trust you with my rifle” and “I’m actively trying to kill everyone who doesn’t convert to my religion”

I don’t like discrimination but let’s be accurate

The whole "citizens needs arms to overthrow a tyranical govt" thing is too out of date and unreasonable. WTF are you, Jim Bob, and the rest of the Iowa State Militia running around the countryside cosplaying Army Rangers with semi-auto rifles going to do against a government that has drones that fly unseen above you...with infrared sights...and can just drop bombs on your head with surgical precision?
See, therein lies the problem. People think guns as tools are some god-given right for the things they personally deem as reasonable. Guns were actually a government-given right for a specific purpose, which was neither hunting nor target practice. We need to address the issue of the threat of an oppressive government BEFORE we remove the old solution to that threat. Once another solution is in place, we can address guns by their own merits.

See, therein lies the problem. People think guns as tools are some god-given right for the things they personally deem as reasonable. Guns were actually a government-given right for a specific purpose, which was neither hunting nor target practice. We need to address the issue of the threat of an oppressive government BEFORE we remove the old solution to that threat. Once another solution is in place, we can address guns by their own merits.
Not government given. God given and merely recognized by govt

I looked it up. He's totally right.

Luke 23:7 -- And Jesus said "Thou shalt have the right to own guns. Yea verily." And it was good. This statement confused the disciples. Mark then asked Jesus, "My Lord, what is a...gun?" Jesus replied "My friends, in time you will find out. Perhaps not in your lifetime. Or your childrens'. Or your childrens' childrens'. But in time. And when they do own guns, tell them to not go cheap. Hi-Point is the road to damnation." And it was good.

someone in their family/friend group will tell on them for 1000 USD. Also the government keeps a list of all firearms sold in the country so this list could be used to prosecute degenerate gun owners. The main point would be to get guns out of of public areas and cities at first.

Gun owners are the most intellectual individuals you will meet. I have seen decals on the back of pick up trucks cab windows threatening to kill Muslims placed right next to big red NRA stickers. Owning assault rifles is a way of life that often entails discrimination.

My neighbors are all like me, none of us would give up our guns. That would work in some situations so nice thought. Even if they did, I'd just go buy a new one from someone.

You do realize a lot of guns are bought from strangers right? No one knows I own my gun.

I like the racism thought that is completely stereotyping gun owners. I don't hate Muslims. No one around here has a bunch of stickers on their car.

Still isn't solving the problem. Any other thoughts? I think your biggest problem is thinking that just because we make something illegal, it will immediately fix a problem.

Last edited:
LOL, Ersland's case was clear cut murder.
You don't have to be a police officer, which I'm assuming you're referencing because you consider them to be well trained, to realize that administering a coup de gras is murder.
Also, you seem to be under the impression that all police officers are Jason Bournes that don't panic.
This seems like inconsistent with reality.
That's silly and a total non-point.
Furthermore, most states with castle laws in place explicitly protect against civil liability in justified shootings that take place inside of a premises under the control of the victim.

Oh, legally there was no doubt that Ersland's case was murder, but I believe that in his mind, he really thought it was still self-defense. This is why businesses, even if protected by the castle law, don't want employees carrying guns, because the employee might think they are doing the right thing, even when they aren't. Now, granted, I could be completely wrong about Ersland, maybe he really did know he was committing murder, and didn't care, none of us can really know what he actually thought. But I think it clear to see that it would be very easy for employees to mess up and cause great liability for their employer, if the employer allowed every Tom, Dick, Harry, and Jane to carry a gun.

And of course, you are completely right that police officers mess us. But undoubtedly they have more training concerning guns and laws about guns, then the average pharmacy/hospital employee. But you might be right, maybe we need a police department like England where the average police officer doesn't carry guns.

. Banning assault rifles is surely the smartest thing to do to prevent deaths right now

Aren't assault rifles already banned? At least I keep hearing mixed stuff on this, I guess maybe it depends on how people define assault rifles.

Yes, and no. Armed citizens can make great guerrilla fighters, and are a persistent threat to US troups (ie Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.) But by the time we get to that point, society as we know it will have been completely broken down.

Oh, legally there was no doubt that Ersland's case was murder, but I believe that in his mind, he really thought it was still self-defense. This is why businesses, even if protected by the castle law, don't want employees carrying guns, because the employee might think they are doing the right thing, even when they aren't. Now, granted, I could be completely wrong about Ersland, maybe he really did know he was committing murder, and didn't care, none of us can really know what he actually thought. But I think it clear to see that it would be very easy for employees to mess up and cause great liability for their employer, if the employer allowed every Tom, Dick, Harry, and Jane to carry a gun.

And of course, you are completely right that police officers mess us. But undoubtedly they have more training concerning guns and laws about guns, then the average pharmacy/hospital employee. But you might be right, maybe we need a police department like England where the average police officer doesn't carry guns.

Aren't assault rifles already banned? At least I keep hearing mixed stuff on this, I guess maybe it depends on how people define assault rifles.

Yes, and no. Armed citizens can make great guerrilla fighters, and are a persistent threat to US troups (ie Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.) But by the time we get to that point, society as we know it will have been completely broken down.
An assault rifle is a select fire weapon capable of fully automatic fire. The term is misused often to refer to semiautomatic “black” rifles because they have a similar appearance.....this is done by people who are either ignorant or dishonest

The point obviously went over your head. I'll explain this slowly. See, the constitution reads that the citizenry has the right to bear arms. We'll ignore the whole well regulated militia part and concede the most gun-ownership friendly interpretation of this writing. So people can have arms. But this is silly in the most extreme cases. The "right to bear arms" has a logical point in which the average citizen shouldn't be allowed to have possession of an armament of mass devastation. As such, a line needs to be drawn where armament X and lower is okay, but armament Y and higher is not okay. To illustrate, I used an old fashioned bolt action hunting rifle that would take half an hour for an amateur idiot to murder dozens of people and a nuclear warhead, a thing that would murder millions in seconds, as examples of reasonable and unreasonable things for people to own. I thought that this would be incredibly obvious to anyone reading, but clearly I was wrong. So, see, your objection is exactly my point. The idea of people owning nuclear arms is ridiculous. So, LOGICALLY, the line of what is acceptable and unacceptable has to be somewhere in between. My point is that in a logical society, the debate should be centered upon that.

Also, and you do this frequently, when ever you type "muh [insert thing that you disagree with]," you sound intellectually infantile. Typing "muh" in front of something isn't an argument against it. It's just something that makes you sound like a 9 year old trying to make fun of a kid during recess. You probably shouldn't do it. It makes people not take you seriously.

"Muh meme got btfo so I'm upset"

Obviously it's not an argument against anything to type "muh" in front of it.
There may be a problem if you can't recognize that I'm trying to mock a point that is unworthy of serious discussion.

Like someone bringing up nukes after being pretentious and saying these discussions devolve into ideologues.
It's funny that you made that post, yet you don't seem to have any serious points or data to bring to the table.

Nope, you seem to want me to ignore the basis of your argument and you're refusing to acknowledge my point because of that.

You can keep it slow for me, and I'll keep it short for you:

You're not saying that "people" shouldn't have these weapons.
You're saying a government should had a monopoly on access.
Thus, the "nukes" point is an irrelevant non sequitur, since truly nobody should have nukes.
I can't tell if you intentionally engaged in this exercise in cognitive dissonance, or if you simply can't recognize it

There is never any reason for their use. Ever.

EDIT:

Thanks for being intellectually honesty enough to ignore the "well regulated" meme, but not enough to avoid mentioning it as if it hasn't been disproven both by historians and the Supreme Court.

Last edited:

Gun owners are the most intellectual individuals you will meet. I have seen decals on the back of pick up trucks cab windows threatening to kill Muslims placed right next to big red NRA stickers. Owning assault rifles is a way of life that often entails discrimination.

Are you capable of multiplying $1,000 x 350,000,000?

Again, your idea is discriminatory against the poor.

Last edited:
Nobody does.

The thing that happened with me and my buddies happened in rural Pennsylvania in the Lehigh County area. They made up a rule saying that you had to be a US citizen to rent the guns out at the range. When I gave my New York ID, it was fine. When my buddies gave them their Iran and Lebanon passports, they refused entry.

The range that I go to in Woodland Park, New Jersey says passports from other countries are fine.

The thing that happened with me and my buddies happened in rural Pennsylvania in the Lehigh County area. They made up a rule saying that you had to be a US citizen to rent the guns out at the range. When I gave my New York ID, it was fine. When my buddies gave them their Iran and Lebanon passports, they refused entry.

The range that I go to in Woodland Park, New Jersey says passports from other countries are fine.
I don’t find an issue with this policy. It is not discriminating against a specific religion as you indicated previously, its requiring US citizenship which is completely logical.

I don’t find an issue with this policy. It is not discriminating against a specific religion as you indicated previously, its requiring US citizenship which is completely logical.

There is no law that says you have to be a US citizen to shoot at a range or rent guns. Next time maybe I'll take a friend with a passport from the UK or Canada. If they also deny them, then whatever. If they allow them entry, then it's clearly a racist policy.

A person would have to question why the right to bear arms is the 2nd amendment. The founding fathers must have thought this a pretty important priority to include it so high in the Bill of Rights or maybe they just got it all wrong.

As far as company policies go, if someone comes in and shoots an employee and says give me all your oxys or your next. I'm not taking the chance that they aren't going to shoot me as well. Yeah I might get fired but I can still go home to my family or at least have a fighting chance. I think you should try to talk them down first but addicts aren't exactly the most rational people when they are trying to get their high.

My neighbors are all like me, none of us would give up our guns. That would work in some situations so nice thought. Even if they did, I'd just go buy a new one from someone.

You do realize a lot of guns are bought from strangers right? No one knows I own my gun.

I like the racism thought that is completely stereotyping gun owners. I don't hate Muslims. No one around here has a bunch of stickers on their car.

Still isn't solving the problem. Any other thoughts? I think your biggest problem is thinking that just because we make something illegal, it will immediately fix a problem.

People would give up their guns if they were facing multiple felonies and serious jail time and fines. Most gun owners don't want to become degenerate criminals and have their life ruined with felonies. If they want to keep their guns they should be offered a free ticket to live in Somalia where gun rights are more "protected"

People would give up their guns if they were facing multiple felonies and serious jail time and fines. Most gun owners don't want to become degenerate criminals and have their life ruined with felonies. If they want to keep their guns they should be offered a free ticket to live in Somalia where gun rights are more "protected"

Anteater has to be a Russian troll. Mods should check his IP address. It probably originates somewhere in Eastern Europe. It's best to just ignore him.

You might want to read what you just posted. Those are the people doing the killings. So how is this going to help? They aren't going to care. You want millions of people to give up their guns that aren't doing any killing, your idea doesn't solve anything.

Unless something has changed that Im not aware of, it's still a felony to have possession of marijuana but people still use it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh and gun rights are protected here.

Last edited:

Bro you are fronting super hard right now.
First it was because of their traditional attire.
Now it was their passports.

Do you think you look whiter than they did?

Bro you are fronting super hard right now.
First it was because of their traditional attire.
Now it was their passports.

Do you think you look whiter than they did?

Yeah, they wore the attire got some looks, and after showing the passports they were denied entry. Whatever, we took our business elsewhere and trashed the Yelp ratings for the place.

Can you believe the ridiculousness of how guns are legal but marijuana isn't? Apparently, I violated federal law by being a consumer of cannabis and purchasing a gun.

You might want to read what you just posted. Those are the people doing the killings. So how is this going to help? They aren't going to care. You want millions of people to give up their guns that aren't doing any killing, your idea doesn't solve anything.

Unless something has changed that Im not aware of, it's still a felony to have possession of marijuana but people still use it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh and gun rights are protected here.

As I stated before most gun killings are done by law abiding white men not illegal weapons. These are people that have registered their guns and brought them legally that are killing the most people. This is a fact.

This is a general trend. NRA has been BTFO with it losing corporate sponsor after corporate sponsor (and this is with the republicans in control). The government has all gun purchases and owners on a list and when we, the dems, get back in control these people are going to have to do a mandatory psych eval and give up their guns or face long prison sentences. There will be more mass shootings and with each one gun laws will get more and more strict, rightfully so.

Now I'm not saying firearm owners have low IQ or have lower IQ than average. I don't know if people that own guns have lower than average IQ. All guns need banned and anyone who ever bought a gun needs put in prison for sedition and severe mental illness.

Yeah, they wore the attire got some looks, and after showing the passports they were denied entry. Whatever, we took our business elsewhere and trashed the Yelp ratings for the place.

Can you believe the ridiculousness of how guns are legal but marijuana isn't? Apparently, I violated federal law by being a consumer of cannabis and purchasing a gun.

Yes, it literally is a felony to have weed and a gun in the same car, isn't it?

Not hard for them to say you were in possession in the furtherance of a felony.
This is a general trend. NRA has been BTFO with it losing corporate sponser after corporate sponser. The government has all gun purchases and owners on a list and when we, the dems, get back in control these people are going to have to do a mandatory psych eval and give up their guns or face long prison sentences. There will be more mass shootings and with each one gun laws will get more and more strict, rightfully so. All guns need banned and anyone who ever bought a gun needs put in prison for sedition and severe mental illness.

Dicks does this occasionally. It's nothing new

Last edited:
As I stated before most gun killings are done by law abiding white men not illegal weapons. These are people that have registered their guns and brought them legally that are killing the most people. This is a fact.
I think you need to prove that. I searched around and everything I saw suggests that isn't true.

You are missing the point, they will get the gun no matter what. People don't follow the law, how hard is that to understand?

If you are denied a gun say because you were institutionalized for a mental disorder, you will not go to your local gun store. You are going to buy one from a random person.

Your idea will not work.

I have the right to protect my family and I will always own a gun.

Not true...cite it
it’s not
I think you need to prove that. I searched around and everything I saw suggests that isn't true.

Whites are the number one most violent users of guns in the US. In 2013 there were 11,208 homicides, 21,175 suicides by firearm. Suicide rates vary by race and ethnicity. In 2016, the rate of suicide among whites it was 18.15%. In contrast, the suicide rate among Asian/Pacific Islanders was 7.00; the rate for blacks was 6.35; and the rate among Hispanics was 6.38.

Whites are the number one most violent users of guns in the US. In 2013 there were 11,208 homicides, 21,175 suicides by firearm. Suicide rates vary by race and ethnicity. In 2016, the rate of suicide among whites it was 18.15%. In contrast, the suicide rate among Asian/Pacific Islanders was 7.00; the rate for blacks was 6.35; and the rate among Hispanics was 6.38.
Not suicides....killing someone else....

Are you backing off your claim?

You are missing the point, they will get the gun no matter what. People don't follow the law, how hard is that to understand?

If you are denied a gun say because you were institutionalized for a mental disorder, you will not go to your local gun store. You are going to buy one from a random person.

Your idea will not work.

I have the right to protect my family and I will always own a gun.

Are we not going to continue our conversation?

I am so confused by this line of thinking. Isn’t that an argument against having any laws? What’s the point of having laws if people are just going to break them?

The point is no lay person needs a weapon capable of killing hundreds of people in a matter of minutes. There is no legitimate purpose for that use.

Reactions: 2 users
OK so you didn't actually cite a source. But I will:
Guns and Suicide: Racial Disparities in Gun Homicides and Gun Suicides

Let's look at some numbers here.

"For all 50 states plus Washington DC, the average rate of homicides using a gun of any type for whites was 15.88 homicides per 1,000,000 population, while the average rate of homicides using a gun of any type for blacks was 155.51 homicides per 1,000,000 population."

So blacks are 9.8X more likely than whites to kill someone else with a gun.

"For all 50 states plus Washington DC, the average rate of suicide using a gun of any type for whites was 83.68 suicides per 1,000,000 population; the average rate of suicide using a gun of any type for blacks was 31.0 suicides per 1,000,000 population."

Whites are 2.70X as likely to kill themselves compared to blacks.

In 2010 there were a total of around 11,100 homicides and 19,400 suicides.

Converting the above averages to percentages, that means white people killed themselves 14,000 times and other people 1,000 times for a total of 15,000 people killed (roughly).

Doing the same for black people, we get 9,900 other people killed and 5,200 times they killed themselves for a grand total of 15,100 people killed. So roughly the same.

Now let's look at that in terms of population percentages. In 2010 white people made up 72% of the US population while black people made up 13% of the population. So the group that is 5.5X more common caused about the same amount of total firearm deaths.

But yeah, white people are totally more violent gun users.

Reactions: 2 users