RACISM IN PHARMACY EDUCATION - SOUTH COLLEGE, TN (a case study in Racism) - Black Lives Matter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slave#7819

Reaction score
Today I will share my experience in this for-profit, formerly food store turned 'school of Pharmacy'. DO NOT ATTEND this school if you love yourself.

Background:
Yes, I was dismissed nine months to graduation in the most racist, deceitful and twisted plot, driven by none other than Walter Lee Fitzgerald (dean) and Gamal Hussein (a mysogynist Arab man). The peons used to put this plan of harassment, intimidation and racism into action were all white: Nicole Kerrie Freeman, Kelly Goza (this one was tasked with manufacturing fake documents, committed perjury), some former classmates like Nashville based Michael Paul Dotson, whose key job was character assassination. There was Pranav Gandhi (Indian) looking for a green card, Diana Smith - a recovering addict, Daniel Lee who reveled in direct abuse like hiding my laboratory equipment, switching my locker and openly telling professors in class "that no one listens to her". Never mind that I was performing better than most. This achievement did not go well down with another racist Michael O'Neal who spent days on end trying to catch me cheating. Every direction I turned my eye was followed, If I put my head on the desk they looked at the floor to see what I was looking at. How were they to explain that the only student to get a perfect score in Patho-physiology was not white? And in PharmacoKinetics, I out-performed the whole class. Michael O'Neal would be the first to write me down for misconduct because I did not hand in an assignment on a day when school was closed; as a matter of fact, the whole state was on emergency with power outages. But when two white students (Kate Schaeffer and Melisa) did not turn in the assignment because they "did not think it was serious" they got excused. Michael O'Neal's racism was so palpable, that he would literary turn red and start squealing in class railing against Obamacare. I was in a school where they asked you to write your thoughts about Obamacare, but use it to decide who to be rail-road.

Why me? There were three other black students
Yes, there were. But these three did not stand out like I did. First, I was the only one who identified as being African, originally from Africa. I later found that there was another one from Africa, but had come to the US at a very early age. Others simply saw me as rocking the boat (we had been accepted to white society, shut up!). But had we really been? We were tokens to sway other minorities into this swamp of a school, saddle them with big loans and a mediocre education, while enriching Steve South. It is Harvard that finally made Pharmacology clear to me - yet I got an A at South College. "There are two ways to conquer and enslave people; one by the sword, the other by debt" - John Adams. I knew who I was when I applied to South College. I was intelligent, spoke good English, and deserved every human right like all other students. A colleague (former co-worker at GE) encouraged me to attend since it would take only 3 years instead of four, and they were less strict on pre-pharmacy requirements. For example, they would take 7-year old credits. Most schools did not. I had applied to 5 schools at the time. Following the elderly colleague's advice, I took on South College. Suddenly, I became a representative of Africa and it's poverty! Former classmates shared on how they had been to poverty missions or contributed to this or that. See, I personally have a different view and will not hesitate to share: Unless there were no poor in Tennessee, one had no business going to Africa to fulfill God's purpose. And if you are doing the same thing year after year after year after year, then you are failing and should stop or re-assess your strategy. This sentiment shocked some who were born and bred in Tennessee. I was different. Disagreeable. Walter Fitzgerald and Michael O'Neal would have none of it: a non-pitiable African? No. Not acceptable. And so they would tell me in person (around September 12, 2012) and in front of the class more than once. The exact wording. "coming from places you come from, you should be grateful".
They did not just tell me, they also had expectations from Slave#7819. I was to play a marketing role to which I said 'NO'. Oh! Such temerity from a black person! How dare I? They were doing me a favor, although they were taking $40,000/year from the Federal Government in my name. After one semester of study, students were grumbling about lies and deceit from the Walter Fitzgerald (dean at the time) and every member of leadership. Lies became an accepted norm. For example, ACPE required a health center to serve students and a business card with an 800-number was the answer from South College. None of the Class of 2014, can come here and say that the health facility existed. Or that they got help from that 800-number. They would be lying. Matter of fact Meghan (last name protected) brought it up, and the snake tongued Walter Fitzgerald swayed this and that way and gave no answer. I was cited for misconduct because South College did not have a health center, and I was unable to get my annual checks on time. I had to call Knoxville County over and over for someone to give me the test. That Was Nicole Freeman recording my misconduct. Reporting it to Walter Fitzgerald - the Dean. Did I mention that the school with-held student stipend from student loans? They were aware students depended on it, but as we all know, a day's interest on that money would make the school happy. So, Nicole Freeman (University of Tennessee Knoxville Hospital) would be hatefully demanding that I submit all financial requirements, and that she did not care that the school with-held the funds. This woman was on the committee that formed this school. Her hatred could be sliced by a knife.

I still managed to block these racist indignities aside and excel in class; but I believe the nail that shut my coffin was a refusal to lie to ACPE, and catching the Academic dean, Gamal Hussein in deceit. Walter Fitzgerald thought I would add diversity (see the manipulation) to the students meeting ACPE to talk about the school's progress. I was okay at first. Then he asked that we meet him for lunch so that he could evaluate what we were going to share. I asked to be exempted (because I knew I could not lie). That did not go down well, I too knew that.

For the Academic dean, ACPE (which is another corrupt outfit) had requirements that new schools submit students' academic complaints. There was one particular issue I had been talking to him about. At least 3 times. He told me to make it formal (put it in writing). I did and gave it to his secretary. He denied ever seeing that submission. But one day, the secretary found him busy misleading me and told him that he had received the complaint, quoting the time and day. You know that shame of catching someone in lies? I did not utter a word and asked to be excused. This Arabic man was not about to be put to shame by a woman.
Almost Immediately, my expulsion proceedings were put in motion. Dates were changed, documents manufactured, and I was told that a failure to go on rotation had been my final cause of dismissal! Now, it is not my preceptor who made this decision. Here is my shock: the very dean, in an email, told me not to go to the rotation. That he would talk to the preceptor. And now, I get dismissed for not going. With false claims that I did not call the pharmacy. I did only over 5 times. So, here is a racist city where having and accent, intelligent and being black is a sin. Another thing: Two white students were actually failed by their respective preceptors but were "smoothed out" to continue. Zachary Boyle was sent home for misconduct; the other student failed to show up on time for the whole time. They went on to graduate.

The Racist Justice System
I went to court to seek justice. Every person I know told me I was NEVER going to get justice in Tennessee. I needed to put it on record. Whether I lost or won. I lost.
How could I win? The judge who took the case, Pamela Reeves and (South College) Walter Fitzgerald's Lawyers are alumni of the same school. Here I am, a black young woman facing a band of old white men from Tennessee. Did I mention I could not get a single lawyer in Knoxville willing to take the case? I got recommended to one in Nashville, who was also a year behind the judge in Law school. You know your lawyer is working against you when he callously withholds evidence that can help you and tells you to be silent so that he can speak. I refused to pay him until he justified his refusal to submit useful evidence. I filed a complaint against him too. I do not expect much from it, but those after me will read that I did not roll over and die. It took over 80 years for a lying old white woman to tell the truth in Emitt Till's death. I am waiting on Shane Trent to tell the truth and prove that Kelly Goza lied in the "facts" that Pamela Reeves relied on. It was an old boys meet-up. Let us waste her and use her money and throw her out. Every witness, all white, who could say something positive about me, went quiet. Even the news outlet refused to write the story after showing interest.

To annoy them, I sued them in Illinois. Ah, that is how I found out the other players were my fellow white classmates, driven by jealousy and hate, had sent malicious emails to white professors mostly, to help create evidence against me. I was in that school for no more than 600 days and had over 700 misconducts filed against me. Since South college was unreliable, I had taken on a job to help with bills in early 2013 and a second later on. So here I was, excelling in class (Deans List and all), doing two jobs, and managing one or two misconducts every day of my graduate academic life. Racism at its best!

But wait: it gets murkier
- South College and Walter Fitzgerald have lied (misled) the courts, to the department of education, to ACPE, to the Accreditation Director. The accreditation body (Corrupt under Vlasses and Boyer actually encouraged Fitzgerald to lie. Documents I uncovered through FOIA). I am currently waiting for one piece of mail to turn their racism on its head.
- The court callously states that it will use the facts in light that favors me, then uses the exact copy and paste statement provided by Walter Fitzgerald. Old white boys grouping at best!

It has been 6 long years. The torment, depression and anger have not subsided. No, I have ZERO intention of forgiving or forgetting.

To my readers; if you have been admitted to South College School of Pharmacy, or any program for that matter, think hard and long before accepting. Especially if you are a minority. The best they can do is prep you for Walmart (Nothing against Walmart or CVS) but you need to be adaptable. For the money you pay, you need to get more out of it.

You will live in a world way ahead of where South College will put you. This school will cripple you professionally. DO NOT go to South College.

They tried to cripple me financially, but I have chosen to fight to my last breath. Academically, Johns Hopkins University proved that I was worth and more. As I write, I have had a minor interview at Harvard AND it is just the beginning; of course after graduating from Johns Hopkins University with all As. Imagine if I had succumbed to the racism at South College, Knoxville?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
:corny:

Reactions: 5 users
No offense, but you will only limit your potential w/ this perception that every white person is out to get you. Btw, **** posting your ex-school by naming people and naming specifics in your situation on an anonymous forum speaks to your poor professionalism and judgement. With the level of detail of your post, you might as well have made a throwaway account with your first & last name because it would not be difficult to find out who you are.

Best of luck at Harvard OP lol

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, what are these “misconducts” y’all have in pharmacy school? Is it so common to collect so many?

Today I will share my experience in this for-profit, formerly food store turned 'school of Pharmacy'. DO NOT ATTEND this school if you love yourself.

Background:
Yes, I was dismissed nine months to graduation in the most racist, deceitful and twisted plot, driven by none other than Walter Lee Fitzgerald (dean) and Gamal Hussein (a mysogynist Arab man). The peons used to put this plan of harassment, intimidation and racism into action were all white: Nicole Kerrie Freeman, Kelly Goza (this one was tasked with manufacturing fake documents, committed perjury), some former classmates like Nashville based Michael Paul Dotson, whose key job was character assassination. There was Pranav Gandhi (Indian) looking for a green card, Diana Smith - a recovering addict, Daniel Lee who reveled in direct abuse like hiding my laboratory equipment, switching my locker and openly telling professors in class "that no one listens to her". Never mind that I was performing better than most. This achievement did not go well down with another racist Michael O'Neal who spent days on end trying to catch me cheating. Every direction I turned my eye was followed, If I put my head on the desk they looked at the floor to see what I was looking at. How were they to explain that the only student to get a perfect score in Patho-physiology was not white? And in PharmacoKinetics, I out-performed the whole class. Michael O'Neal would be the first to write me down for misconduct because I did not hand in an assignment on a day when school was closed; as a matter of fact, the whole state was on emergency with power outages. But when two white students (Kate Schaeffer and Melisa) did not turn in the assignment because they "did not think it was serious" they got excused. Michael O'Neal's racism was so palpable, that he would literary turn red and start squealing in class railing against Obamacare. I was in a school where they asked you to write your thoughts about Obamacare, but use it to decide who to be rail-road.

Yes, there were. But these three did not stand out like I did. First, I was the only one who identified as being African, originally from Africa. I later found that there was another one from Africa, but had come to the US at a very early age. Others simply saw me as rocking the boat (we had been accepted to white society, shut up!). But had we really been? We were tokens to sway other minorities into this swamp of a school, saddle them with big loans and a mediocre education, while enriching Steve South. It is Harvard that finally made Pharmacology clear to me - yet I got an A at South College. "There are two ways to conquer and enslave people; one by the sword, the other by debt" - John Adams. I knew who I was when I applied to South College. I was intelligent, spoke good English, and deserved every human right like all other students. A colleague (former co-worker at GE) encouraged me to attend since it would take only 3 years instead of four, and they were less strict on pre-pharmacy requirements. For example, they would take 7-year old credits. Most schools did not. I had applied to 5 schools at the time. Following the elderly colleague's advice, I took on South College. Suddenly, I became a representative of Africa and it's poverty! Former classmates shared on how they had been to poverty missions or contributed to this or that. See, I personally have a different view and will not hesitate to share: Unless there were no poor in Tennessee, one had no business going to Africa to fulfill God's purpose. And if you are doing the same thing year after year after year after year, then you are failing and should stop or re-assess your strategy. This sentiment shocked some who were born and bred in Tennessee. I was different. Disagreeable. Walter Fitzgerald and Michael O'Neal would have none of it: a non-pitiable African? No. Not acceptable. And so they would tell me in person (around September 12, 2012) and in front of the class more than once. The exact wording. "coming from places you come from, you should be grateful".
They did not just tell me, they also had expectations from Slave#7819. I was to play a marketing role to which I said 'NO'. Oh! Such temerity from a black person! How dare I? They were doing me a favor, although they were taking $40,000/year from the Federal Government in my name. After one semester of study, students were grumbling about lies and deceit from the Walter Fitzgerald (dean at the time) and every member of leadership. Lies became an accepted norm. For example, ACPE required a health center to serve students and a business card with an 800-number was the answer from South College. None of the Class of 2014, can come here and say that the health facility existed. Or that they got help from that 800-number. They would be lying. Matter of fact Meghan (last name protected) brought it up, and the snake tongued Walter Fitzgerald swayed this and that way and gave no answer. I was cited for misconduct because South College did not have a health center, and I was unable to get my annual checks on time. I had to call Knoxville County over and over for someone to give me the test. That Was Nicole Freeman recording my misconduct. Reporting it to Walter Fitzgerald - the Dean. Did I mention that the school with-held student stipend from student loans? They were aware students depended on it, but as we all know, a day's interest on that money would make the school happy. So, Nicole Freeman (University of Tennessee Knoxville Hospital) would be hatefully demanding that I submit all financial requirements, and that she did not care that the school with-held the funds. This woman was on the committee that formed this school. Her hatred could be sliced by a knife.

I still managed to block these racist indignities aside and excel in class; but I believe the nail that shut my coffin was a refusal to lie to ACPE, and catching the Academic dean, Gamal Hussein in deceit. Walter Fitzgerald thought I would add diversity (see the manipulation) to the students meeting ACPE to talk about the school's progress. I was okay at first. Then he asked that we meet him for lunch so that he could evaluate what we were going to share. I asked to be exempted (because I knew I could not lie). That did not go down well, I too knew that.

For the Academic dean, ACPE (which is another corrupt outfit) had requirements that new schools submit students' academic complaints. There was one particular issue I had been talking to him about. At least 3 times. He told me to make it formal (put it in writing). I did and gave it to his secretary. He denied ever seeing that submission. But one day, the secretary found him busy misleading me and told him that he had received the complaint, quoting the time and day. You know that shame of catching someone in lies? I did not utter a word and asked to be excused. This Arabic man was not about to be put to shame by a woman.
Almost Immediately, my expulsion proceedings were put in motion. Dates were changed, documents manufactured, and I was told that a failure to go on rotation had been my final cause of dismissal! Now, it is not my preceptor who made this decision. Here is my shock: the very dean, in an email, told me not to go to the rotation. That he would talk to the preceptor. And now, I get dismissed for not going. With false claims that I did not call the pharmacy. I did only over 5 times. So, here is a racist city where having and accent, intelligent and being black is a sin. Another thing: Two white students were actually failed by their respective preceptors but were "smoothed out" to continue. Zachary Boyle was sent home for misconduct; the other student failed to show up on time for the whole time. They went on to graduate.

I went to court to seek justice. Every person I know told me I was NEVER going to get justice in Tennessee. I needed to put it on record. Whether I lost or won. I lost.
How could I win? The judge who took the case, Pamela Reeves and (South College) Walter Fitzgerald's Lawyers are alumni of the same school. Here I am, a black young woman facing a band of old white men from Tennessee. Did I mention I could not get a single lawyer in Knoxville willing to take the case? I got recommended to one in Nashville, who was also a year behind the judge in Law school. You know your lawyer is working against you when he callously withholds evidence that can help you and tells you to be silent so that he can speak. I refused to pay him until he justified his refusal to submit useful evidence. I filed a complaint against him too. I do not expect much from it, but those after me will read that I did not roll over and die. It took over 80 years for a lying old white woman to tell the truth in Emitt Till's death. I am waiting on Shane Trent to tell the truth and prove that Kelly Goza lied in the "facts" that Pamela Reeves relied on. It was an old boys meet-up. Let us waste her and use her money and throw her out. Every witness, all white, who could say something positive about me, went quiet. Even the news outlet refused to write the story after showing interest.

To annoy them, I sued them in Illinois. Ah, that is how I found out the other players were my fellow white classmates, driven by jealousy and hate, had sent malicious emails to white professors mostly, to help create evidence against me. I was in that school for no more than 600 days and had over 700 misconducts filed against me. Since South college was unreliable, I had taken on a job to help with bills in early 2013 and a second later on. So here I was, excelling in class (Deans List and all), doing two jobs, and managing one or two misconducts every day of my graduate academic life. Racism at its best!

- South College and Walter Fitzgerald have lied (misled) the courts, to the department of education, to ACPE, to the Accreditation Director. The accreditation body (Corrupt under Vlasses and Boyer actually encouraged Fitzgerald to lie. Documents I uncovered through FOIA). I am currently waiting for one piece of mail to turn their racism on its head.
- The court callously states that it will use the facts in light that favors me, then uses the exact copy and paste statement provided by Walter Fitzgerald. Old white boys grouping at best!

It has been 6 long years. The torment, depression and anger have not subsided. No, I have ZERO intention of forgiving or forgetting.

To my readers; if you have been admitted to South College School of Pharmacy, or any program for that matter, think hard and long before accepting. Especially if you are a minority. The best they can do is prep you for Walmart (Nothing against Walmart or CVS) but you need to be adaptable. For the money you pay, you need to get more out of it.

You will live in a world way ahead of where South College will put you. This school will cripple you professionally. DO NOT go to South College.

They tried to cripple me financially, but I have chosen to fight to my last breath. Academically, Johns Hopkins University proved that I was worth and more. As I write, I have had a minor interview at Harvard AND it is just the beginning; of course after graduating from Johns Hopkins University with all As. Imagine if I had succumbed to the racism at South College, Knoxville?
It’s certainly possible that some of these people were racist but you don’t seriously consider disagreeing with the ACA as proof of racism do you?

I’m sorry you have had a hard time, you might need to work on how to describe your past experiences in a way that might lessen the notion that you would soon speak about your new school like this

Reactions: 1 user
Schools keep a close watch on this board. We had a situation during my school years where two of our classmates started **** posting on here about school and the dean came and warned everyone to stop this. He was pretty pissed.

OP if you want to post all this, then go ahead. But be prepared for the consequences. And if you regret it then immediately reach out to mod and have them delete this thread.

Schools keep a close watch on this board. We had a situation during my school years where two of our classmates started **** posting on here about school and the dean came and warned everyone to stop this. He was pretty pissed.

OP if you want to post all this, then go ahead. But be prepared for the consequences. And if you regret it then immediately reach out to mod and have them delete this thread.

They aren't going to regret it. They have posted here before.

• Wow
Yeah they didn't regret posting before so why now. And why would they care what the school thinks? They are no longer a student.

I know a couple of PA students that are not happy with South especially in the 'virtual' era of teaching.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the same poster from 5-10 years ago? Geez.

I scrolled down to read you guys comments. I didn't come here to read a book.

Tldr?

wait so after she was expelled, she went on to ace all her classes at john Hopkins and is now going to Harvard? good for OP I guess lol

Reactions: 3 users

Background:

I think you should claim insanity instead of racism on this post my friend. Just from your post I can tell more than likely you are someone no-one would want to be around. Probably why the other three black people did just fine and you did not. Please stay out of medicine/pharmacy/anything until you get your issues resolved.

Also, why tf did this show up on my newsfeed?

if you have been admitted to South College School of Pharmacy, or any program for that matter, think hard and long before accepting.

A broken clock etc.

So if you're black but not at the top of the class, then you don't have to worry? I don't get it.

Probably the worst thing you could've done. Posting real names. As others have mentioned, based on what you wrote, you will be very easily identifiable. This could be a black mark on your professional career for the rest of your life. No pun intended. Racism or not, this sounds very unprofessional on your part.

Reactions: 2 users
Probably the worst thing you could've done. Posting real names. As others have mentioned, based on what you wrote, you will be very easily identifiable. This could be a black mark on your professional career for the rest of your life. No pun intended. Racism or not, this sounds very unprofessional on your part.
I agree it was unprofessional and it is certainly possible that these people discriminated against OP. However, OP needs to stay away from the state of TN in whatever career OP decides to pursue. Pharmacy and Medicine and Ph.D professions are a small world and word by mouth spreads like wildfire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree it was unprofessional and it is certainly possible that these people discriminated against OP. However, OP needs to stay away from the state of TN in whatever career OP decides to pursue. Pharmacy and Medicine and Ph.D professions are a small world and word by mouth spreads like wildfire.
'well with a degree from john Hopkins and Harvard I don't think OP will have any trouble finding jobs anywhere lol
what she said about the pharmacy school not up to ACPE standard is interesting tho... if everything she said is true, south pharmacy should be closed down... sounds like a ****ty school

I'm sorry you experienced discrimination. While I have been fortunate to not face discrimination in higher education, I have had an ugly experience with it while a teenager at my former high school due to being in an openly mixed-race, same-sex relationship with one of my classmates at a time I was also questioning my gender identity, in the Deep South.

I've had to endure many things that no one should ever have to go through, including being stalked and receiving death threats over my phone in the dead of night. I've also been pulled into the vice-principal's office and asked why I liked men and that I would go to hell and was a bad person. I've been excluded from activities because of my sexual orientation, and the principal threatened to discipline me after I reported my bullies, while in the presence of said bullies in her office. I've been lied to and gaslighted and suffered great emotional harm as a result of my experiences, and while I moved away from that town to go to a new high school in which I thrived, those experiences have left me with a general distrust of people because I have seen how evil and hateful people can be.

I wish you success in your future endeavors and that you will find something that allows you to thrive.

• Wow
'well with a degree from john Hopkins and Harvard I don't think OP will have any trouble finding jobs anywhere lol
what she said about the pharmacy school not up to ACPE standard is interesting tho... if everything she said is true, south pharmacy should be closed down... sounds like a ****ty school
Wouldn't high profile schools like Hopkins or Harvard be more cautious of someone who is this unprofessional had they found out about this? It may not be about finding a job but the problem may arise once he finds one. If I was the employer and found out that I hired him, I would be concerned about this level of lack of professionalism.

OP, you may want to delete this thread.

Wouldn't high profile schools like Hopkins or Harvard be more cautious of someone who is this unprofessional had they found out about this? It may not be about finding a job but the problem may arise once he finds one. If I was the employer and found out that I hired him, I would be concerned about this level of lack of professionalism.

OP, you may want to delete this thread.

Schools are not full-proof in filtering out folks!

Last edited:

Background:

I'm so sorry this happened to you. As a fellow minority, I appreciate you posting your experience so people can have another viewpoint if they're considering this school. However, I am a little concerned about how many details you included in your post... hopefully, it won't be used against you. Just be aware. Wishing you all the best in the future! You have overcome so much, and I know you'll continue to do so.

Why is Black Lives Matter attached to this thread? I'm trying to find in this massive post where police brutality is mentioned..

Quick google search given school name and judge name (lol) pops up a case that was dismissed with prejudice against someone almost done with school for not showing up to a rotation they themselves admitted to not showing up to, yikers.

Quick google search given school name and judge name (lol) pops up a case that was dismissed with prejudice against someone almost done with school for not showing up to a rotation they themselves admitted to not showing up to, yikers.
I glanced through it and it's interesting

Last edited:
The whole judgement was a good read but my favorite part is OP claiming to get lost after going half a mile down a single street.

"He further testified that he also found it hard to believe that person could get "mixed up and lost" between Maryville College and City Drug since they are on the same street and only a short distance apart."

Sent from my HD1925 using SDN mobile

The whole judgement was a good read but my favorite part is OP claiming to get lost after going half a mile down a single street.

"He further testified that he also found it hard to believe that person could get "mixed up and lost" between Maryville College and City Drug since they are on the same street and only a short distance apart."

Sent from my HD1925 using SDN mobile
She keeps claiming she was the smartest person in her class but you would think someone that smart could read a map or use a GPS.

• Hmm
  • Haha
Found their previous threads...knew this was familiar.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Unlike others here, I applaud you for speaking the truth. Black lives matter is not just about police brutality, it is about systemic racism. I hope ACPE shuts down this school and others like it. Stand up for our profession as well as racism.

• Haha
Found their previous threads...knew this was familiar.

Wow! That first thread from 2014 did not mention anything about racism. Now all of a sudden it's racism?

Unlike others here, I applaud you for speaking the truth. Black lives matter is not just about police brutality, it is about systemic racism. I hope ACPE shuts down this school and others like it. Stand up for our profession as well as racism.
If those other threads belong to the same person, do you still think this was clearly racism? (Racism totally exists by the way, but is it the cause of this?)

If those other threads belong to the same person, do you still think this was clearly racism? (Racism totally exists by the way, but is it the cause of this?)

It's obviously the same person. Who else goes to the same pharmacy school, doesn't show up to rotation on the first day cause they got lost, and gets dismissed the same year? Funny that it wasn't racism back then but now it is.

Last edited:
I glanced through it and it's interesting

I like the comment on the bottom of this article

"Millicent sifuna is a lair and a thief. She has absolutely no moral fabric and does not deserve to work as a pharmacist anywhere"

Can this be closed already @owlegrad

• Wow
Holy moly that is one rude comment. I can’t really wrap my head around this whole thing, especially the part where they did try to reschedule the rotation. What more do you want?

Well, it's nice to finally have both sides of the story rather than the same old thing all over again. It sure does explain a lot.

Suddenly, I became a representative of Africa and it's poverty! Former classmates shared on how they had been to poverty missions or contributed to this or that. See, I personally have a different view and will not hesitate to share: Unless there were no poor in Tennessee, one had no business going to Africa to fulfill God's purpose. And if you are doing the same thing year after year after year after year, then you are failing and should stop or re-assess your strategy. This sentiment shocked some who were born and bred in Tennessee. I was different. Disagreeable. Walter Fitzgerald and Michael O'Neal would have none of it: a non-pitiable African? No. Not acceptable. And so they would tell me in person (around September 12, 2012) and in front of the class more than once. The exact wording. "coming from places you come from, you should be grateful".
They did not just tell me, they also had expectations from Slave#7819. I was to play a marketing role to which I said 'NO'. Oh! Such temerity from a black person! How dare I? They were doing me a favor, although they were taking $40,000/year from the Federal Government in my name.
It's not ok to say such ignorant and racist things. I'm glad you were able to thrive.

This is an interesting case that, after reading it, is completely at odds with the narrative that was originally told from the student perspective. Ultimately it sounds like the student did not take the situation seriously and consequently made some very poor decisions and was then held accountable for those poor decisions. Could further leniency have been shown? Sure, but based on the information provided in the case, it sounds like there was some leniency provided, and even that was not acted upon by the student which further reinforces that she simply did not take it seriously enough.

Definitely a good lesson for students in any professional setting, nonetheless.

This is an interesting case that, after reading it, is completely at odds with the narrative that was originally told from the student perspective. Ultimately it sounds like the student did not take the situation seriously and consequently made some very poor decisions and was then held accountable for those poor decisions. Could further leniency have been shown? Sure, but based on the information provided in the case, it sounds like there was some leniency provided, and even that was not acted upon by the student which further reinforces that she simply did not take it seriously enough.

Definitely a good lesson for students in any professional setting, nonetheless.

Clearly a case of systemic racism and police brutality.

Is this wack **** like Reddit where OP just rants and never claps back

This Dr. Long person could have been bit more lenient and forgiving. But ultimately everything falls on the student for literally not doing a single thing right.

This Dr. Long person could have been bit more lenient and forgiving. But ultimately everything falls on the student for literally not doing a single thing right.

I understand she didn't email him about her rotations but some preceptors don't even reply to your email before you go onto rotations. As a preceptor you need to have some understanding. Experimental does a good job detailing this in school. I know my school have and I never had an issue. You have to be professional with anyone you work for. I hope OP learns from her mistakes.

I understand she didn't email him about her rotations but some preceptors don't even reply to your email before you go onto rotations. As a preceptor you need to have some understanding. Experimental does a good job detailing this in school. I know my school have and I never had an issue. You have to be professional with anyone you work for. I hope OP learns from her mistakes.
This is her umpteenth post on the same topic and she even tried to sue. I don't think she'll learn anything unfortunately.

This is her umpteenth post on the same topic and she even tried to sue. I don't think she'll learn anything unfortunately.

Yup and the story becomes even more sensational each year that she posts. Original post mentioned nothing about racism. She inserted the word because of recent events.