questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

engg06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a canadian resident and might end up in a caribbean med school some day.
So how is the atmosphere in those med schools, the culture, the social activities?
Is it all studying or people form strong friendships and socialize cuz they r all together on an island from different places.

And most imp of all....How are the women down there ;) ..i read a post asking for the price of prosttitutes..is it that bad, that u cant even find a women out of so many med schools!!!

Ive never been to the caribbean, howz the place like, the people there in general? Cost of livings, food, grocery etc.?

Do residency directors have preferences lik european grads VS. caribbean grads VS Indian grads.

As I read the quality of education is fyne and residency is not a big deal either so thats good.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am a canadian resident and might end up in a caribbean med school some day.
Hope that day comes around fast. You're not getting any younger. ;)

So how is the atmosphere in those med schools, the culture, the social activities?
I don't know. But each school is unique. Ross, for instance, is infamous for weeding out. :scared: There is plenty of competition there.

Is it all studying or people form strong friendships and socialize cuz they r all together on an island from different places.
Depends on the island, mate. Islands such as SXM (AUC) has lots of distractions. So yeah, you might find the school more socializable. Saba on the other hand is a rock (well a sleep rock of a volcano decorated with vegetation).

And most imp of all....How are the women down there ..
That's bad. If that's all you can think about, you will get burnt later on... :rolleyes:

Ive never been to the caribbean, howz the place like, the people there in general? Cost of livings, food, grocery etc.?
Want to know what it's like? Why don't you request an info package from SGU. It comes with a "Video" CD. O-o-o-o-o. :eek: AUC is too cheap to reorder them CD's. Saba will only give them out after you are accepted. Don't know about Ross, they might have them in stock. Standard dorm rent is ~$1000USD/month regardless of which island, but you can get as cheap as $400 depending on the island/how far you want to live from school...