question to current OSUCOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supersars

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all,
I am starting school in the fall and I have a few questions regarding the boards. I have heard that the board reviews in OSU are really good. if so, how long do you get to sit down and study for the boards. Also, what percentage of people
take both comlex and usmle.? A question about residency: is orthopedics as competitive in osteopathic residencies as it is in allopathic ones. Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

After spring finals your second year you get 2 weeks of board review. Part of the review is done by the guru Dr. Goljan (if you don't know about him, do a google search for his name).

I haven't seen any stats on how many take both boards.

And, yes, ortho is competitive whether you're an MD or DO. There is a DO ortho residency program in Tulsa, BTW.

Hope that helps some. :D

Our board review is world-class...just to echo DrMom. We have 98-100% COMLEX pass rate every year and those that take the USMLE pass, although not many do. The reports that I have hears are that the exams overlap considerably, with the exception of the OMT. Ortho is always competitive. Howecer, I imagine that if you stand out as an osteopathis student, you will have a better chance at the DO programs as well as having a decent chance at the allopathic slots (remember, osteopathic spots go ONLY to osteopaths, whereas there is competition at the allopathic spots). So you may have an advantage.