Question regarding the SN2ed study method

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2packy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I re-read SN2ed schedule, and in the bottom of the post under notes there is bolded line "Do NOT retake old practice material." Is this referring to previous versions of practice tests, or previous versions of books he recommends, or redo practice tests/questions that have already been done previously in the schedule, etc. I'm a little confused about that. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all, I re-read SN2ed schedule, and in the bottom of the post under notes there is bolded line "Do NOT retake old practice material." Is this referring to previous versions of practice tests, or previous versions of books he recommends, or redo practice tests/questions that have already been done previously in the schedule, etc. I'm a little confused about that. Thanks
Don't retake ANY old practice material unless you've exhausted all possible sources. This includes practice exams, practice passages, practice problems, or really anything that has questions except for flashcards.

With the old test, it was virtually impossible to run out of practice sources unless you had retaking the test multiple times. However, with the new exam, you may find yourself short on practice exams sooner. This is why it's generally advised to see the official practice until the period leading up to your exam, and if you think you will run out of practice material, I would search for a thread that specifically deals with the new exam, as people probably have suggestions.

Sent from my phone, I apologize for any typos or brevity.

Don't retake ANY old practice material unless you've exhausted all possible sources. This includes practice exams, practice passages, practice problems, or really anything that has questions except for flashcards.

With the old test, it was virtually impossible to run out of practice sources unless you had retaking the test multiple times. However, with the new exam, you may find yourself short on practice exams sooner. This is why it's generally advised to see the official practice until the period leading up to your exam, and if you think you will run out of practice material, I would search for a thread that specifically deals with the new exam, as people probably have suggestions.

Thanks you soo much for your response appreciate it

Reactions: 1 user
So the AAMC releases their own practice problems?
They make practice exams available. There were more practice exams available for the old test, probably because they had more expired exams to release questions from.

They also did release some subject-specific diagnostic sets of practice questions, but again I only have experience with the old exam, so I am not certain whether those were transitioned to the new material. I imagine they were, since aamc was already in the process of setting up the new exam when the subject specific sets were first created, so they were likely developed with transition in mind.