Question PLEASE help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre Opt Student

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I KNOW everyone hates these threads but I need serious advice! lol

I did bad in one of the pre-req's...chemistry (in first year) to be exact...and I am currently re-taking it. My overall GPA is pretty good..and my application overall is really good I think..I just did bad in this one pre-req and i realized I should repeat it so I am..BUT..applications are coming out in August and I probably wont be done the course until Sept. Should I wait until I finish repeating this course and apply later in Sept/Oct or should I send it my app now telling the admissions committees that I am currently in the process...what would give me a better chance??

Two other notes:
I am taking my OATS august 27th
I got a B+ in orgo chem second year...if that makes any diff?

Thanks so much for the advice if you guys have any!

Members don't see this ad.

send in app (complete) now. there is a spot where u indicate the courses you are currently taking/ retaking. im certain that this will give you a advantage over waiting for the grades to be posted. if the adcoms think it's significant enough to see that grade then they'll notify you of it, which is still a better option than you waiting for the grades to come out which will put you behind in the selection process.

Yeah I called SUNY today..they advised me to send in the application as I have until Fall 2009 to complete or repeat pre-req courses. I just thought that not replacing my bad chem mark with a good one would lower my chances! But oh well..hopefully it'll all work out :)