Question...Please Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ODallTheWay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone I'm a senior in high school looking to, hopefully, be an Optometrist.
Anyway my question is if I can succeed and get into SUNY through Queens College. Is it a good enough college for me to get in?
Does the CUNY really matter?

All answers welcome, thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey it really doesn't matter, Queens college is a great school to take your pre requisites. Queens college has a pre health committee which will help you with preparing for optometry school. I am earning my bachelors in biology at Brooklyn college because I hear that students get a better chance of getting into suny according to my school advisor. However, I think Queens college is a good choice. I would have went to Queens college if it wasn't so far for me :D

Members don't see this ad :)
we sound like were in a similar position. i have gotten accepted into Fordham but i might not be able to attend due to the financial, so i would have to end up going to Hunter. As far as i see, Brooklyn and City college are the only ones with the 7 year joint program. However though it might have its advantages i think its very possible as long as your gpa, oat, and EC's are up there i dont see why you would not get an acceptance....but you probably might not want to listen to me because i very well doubt the cuny system =/

we sound like were in a similar position. i have gotten accepted into Fordham but i might not be able to attend due to the financial, so i would have to end up going to Hunter. As far as i see, Brooklyn and City college are the only ones with the 7 year joint program. However though it might have its advantages i think its very possible as long as your gpa, oat, and EC's are up there i dont see why you would not get an acceptance....but you probably might not want to listen to me because i very well doubt the cuny system =/

One year less school = One year less of tuition/loans = One year more earning money

Makes sense to me?

Huh. Who is honestly 100% sure that they want to be an OD ? :laugh:

Me? But then again I am graduating in 2 weeks! :D
But anyway, he's a senior in high school looking at becoming an OD and his name is "ODallTheWay."

One year less school = One year less of tuition/loans = One year more earning money

Makes sense to me?

But anyway, he's a senior in high school looking at becoming an OD and his name is "ODallTheWay."

yeah i believe you've told me that before, but does it affect acceptance. thats what i ment,

btw..theres so many schools on that list, and probably many kids in those programs....for those who DO NOT gain acceptance...what do they do? (most commonly) and im assuming there not part of the "one less year of school and tuition"

Makes sense to me?

Ha...thats pretty cool.