Question Banks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caribprof

Reaction score
Hi all. Recently started teaching at a Caribbean school which I actually went to. Back when I was studying usmle world was THE go to qbank which was the closest to the exam and had the most high yield content. I've heard a lot of names of new qbanks being thrown around-was wondering if the usmle world status has changed as the primary one and if there is another one that is more useful now?

Many thanks.

Caribprof

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing even comes close to UWorld. But I wouldn't start UWorld until ~6 mo before your exam. You want to use it to reinforce the material that you've already learned - some use it as a primary learning resource but I think that's a waste because it's the best resource for assessing your knowledge. I view other QBanks/primary studying as a way to learn the information and then UWorld as a way to assess your knowledge and also pick up small details/fine tune that knowledge once you already have a good base.

UWorld is still the best....
AMBOSS is a close second in my opinion though, should be interesting to watch what happens there in the coming years.