Using Question Banks With a Traditional Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greentealeaves

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to a school with a traditional curriculum (2 years preclinical - 1st year is normal disciplines (biochem, physiology, histology, anatomy, pharmacology, etc.), 2nd year is systems (CPR, endocrine, respiratory, etc.)). The common thread that I have seen among very high scorers is doing a bunch of questions before taking the Step 1. I have bought subscriptions to the Kaplan Qbank, USMLE RX, and Amboss. In addition, I plan on doing UWorld and all the old and recent NBME practice tests more immediately prior to taking the exam. Given the curriculum at my school and my ambition to do all these questions, what do you think is the best way to do Qbanks simultaneously with courses?

Members don't see this ad.

That's a lot of money you spent on QBanks. You can separate all of the questions by discipline and organ system. So that should make it easy to do only the questions that you've covered.

Reactions: 1 user
Using qbanks along with classes was really helpful for me during M1/2, it’s a great way to have a last pass through material before a class exam.

Just be sure to save UWORLD till dedicated so you’re not burning a really valuable resource too early