Question - Army Direct Commissioned Officer Benefits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1052978

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can clarify my question.

I'm a non-HPSP student interested in joining the army dental corps as a direct commissioned officer after graduation. I know it's not easy to get a spot these days, but just wanted to know the fact.

Can a direct commissioned officer receive both accession bonus of $75K lump sum as well as the HPLRP $120K/3yr benefits or does one need to choose either one?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can clarify my question.

I'm a non-HPSP student interested in joining the army dental corps as a direct commissioned officer after graduation. I know it's not easy to get a spot these days, but just wanted to know the fact.

Can a direct commissioned officer receive both accession bonus of $75K lump sum as well as the HPLRP $120K/3yr benefits or does one need to choose either one?

Thank you!
I know plenty of people who joined on direct commission - it's not THAT hard. Could also do Army Reserve as well.

How many spots are there? My understanding was that direct commission was slowly becoming a thing of the past on the active side