Question about therapy support

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurevets

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently a Ross vet student. Is there a support group for vet students to vent or talk about things? please, dont tell me to talk to my classmates. I do not want to project my negativity or my complains onto them because they are also overwhelmed and I do not need to stress them out even more than they are.

If you know about where I can find this support let me know!!!!

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I am currently a Ross vet student. Is there a support group for vet students to vent or talk about things? please, dont tell me to talk to my classmates. I do not want to project my negativity or my complains onto them because they are also overwhelmed and I do not need to stress them out even more than they are.

If you know about where I can find this support let me know!!!!

thanks
NOMV Student on Facebook allows you to post anonymously (just DM the people I think - it should be in the rules)
And you can say in the post whether you want people to respond with support vs. advice, etc. :) I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I just recently got back into therapy and I personally think everyone should be in therapy in this profession for a multitude of reasons. You can go to psychologytoday and enter your health insurance and find a therapist that works for you and is covered under insurance if you feel like you need one!
Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Vet students get a free membership to VIN during their years as a student, and while it offers all kinds of academic support and medical information, it's also a place to sometimes just vent and find out that there are others going through (or have gone through) what you are going through. Additionally, there is Vets4Vets, that offers online confidential support for vets and vet students. It's supported by the VIN Foundation, which is a charitable organization, so there's no promotion or data mining. (I'm not a Facebook fan, and closed my membership months ago.)

Reactions: 2 users