Question about the Northwestern MSTP App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leverp2000

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if the same 1 week turnaround applied to the Northwestern MSTP Application as to the MD app. I received a letter from Northwestern and they did not mention this strict deadline, so I am unsure if this deadline applies to just the MD people or the MSTP applicants as well.

Members don't see this ad.

leverp2000 said:
I was wondering if the same 1 week turnaround applied to the Northwestern MSTP Application as to the MD app. I received a letter from Northwestern and they did not mention this strict deadline, so I am unsure if this deadline applies to just the MD people or the MSTP applicants as well.

No I don't believe it does. MSTPs are usually much less strict about deadlines than their MD counterparts and are happy to receive applications as they get them. However, it's always to your advantage to be prompt.

Of course, you could always call the NU MSTP and ask! They're really cool...

For Northwestern, do we need to complete both the MD and the MSTP applications? Will the MSTP application suffice for both? I'm waiting on the Feinberg email, but the MSTP application is already up, so I wasn't sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
The MSTP app suffices for both. It has all of the MD questions :(. They didn't send me an email, only a letter in the mail.

Thanks -- that's what I thought after looking at the MSTP app. It's long... :(

ninebillion said:
Thanks -- that's what I thought after looking at the MSTP app. It's long... :(

It definitely is long, but one of the neatest put together application packages in the whole secondary process, at least of what I remember from my apps. Even though it was a lot of work, I ended up feeling like the NU MSTP app really gave me the best and most opportunities to represent myself. Good luck!