Resigning from Americorp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello9753

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I resign from Americorp after 400 hours, can I still list it on my application? I am just not very happy with the workplace, and I don't think I can write or talk much about my Americorp service. I just want to resign and get a job as a patient care tech.

Members don't see this ad.

If I resign from Americorp after 400 hours, can I still list it on my application? I am just not very happy with the workplace, and I don't think I can write or talk much about my Americorp service. I just want to resign and get a job as a patient care tech.
You can still list it on your application, but if you can't write and/or talk about it meaningfully (and generally speaking, positively as well), then you may be better off leaving it off your application. You are not obligated to include all of your activities in your application! Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 3 users
I can still talk about it meaningfully, but I don't think I would be able to capitalize on it properly. But med schools wouldn't look at that negatively if I resign early right? They just see it as another job right? Like there have been jobs that I worked for a shorter number of hours for, but I felt that I could write a lot about it. I left because management was a mess.

I can still talk about it meaningfully, but I don't think I would be able to capitalize on it properly. But med schools wouldn't look at that negatively if I resign early right? They just see it as another job right? Like there have been jobs that I worked for a shorter number of hours for, but I felt that I could write a lot about it. I left because management was a mess.
Tell us about a time where you failed. This experience could work for that secondary prompt or interview question.

You can't get along with everyone. Welcome to life and reality.