Question about classes for pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD422

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am currently about to apply for pharmacy school in a month after taking my PCAT and I have a question if anyone can answer it for me?? When I first started college, I took classes that the pharmacy schools I want to apply too (also considering early admissions) don't require. My GPA took a big hit because of these classes. The classes that they DO require I did very well in them and my GPA for those classes that I have calculated is around a 3.4 to a 3.5. Do pharmacy schools look at every class I have taken or do they just look at the classes they require??

THANK YOU!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school. They should tell you on their website how they're going to calculate your GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi

I am currently about to apply for pharmacy school in a month after taking my PCAT and I have a question if anyone can answer it for me?? When I first started college, I took classes that the pharmacy schools I want to apply too (also considering early admissions) don't require. My GPA took a big hit because of these classes. The classes that they DO require I did very well in them and my GPA for those classes that I have calculated is around a 3.4 to a 3.5. Do pharmacy schools look at every class I have taken or do they just look at the classes they require??

THANK YOU!!!

Depends on if you're applying to a school that uses pharmcas. If those classes you didn't do well in are science classes, like inorganic chemistry which I don't think is a requirement anywhere, pharmcas will still count that class in your overall gpa.