Pulmonary/Critical Care 2010-2011 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Northwestern
U of Vermont
U of Cincinnati
U of Connecticut
U of Minnesota
Emory
NYU
Stanford
Cleveland Clinic
Loyola
Case Western
U of Texas (Houston)
SUNY

Members don't see this ad.

In alphabetical order:

Emory University
Florida (University of Florida)
Henry Ford Hospital
Iowa (University of Iowa)
Lahey Clinic
Loyola University
Ohio State University
USC (University of Southern California)
Temple University
Texas (University of Texas at Houston)

I appreciate any advice. I was a quite reader of the forum, but will start contributing my input as well! :)

I like them like:

Emory University
Loyola University
Ohio State University
Henry Ford Hospital
Temple University
Lahey Clinic

Northwestern
U of Vermont
U of Cincinnati
U of Connecticut
U of Minnesota
Emory
NYU
Stanford
Cleveland Clinic
Loyola
Case Western
U of Texas (Houston)
SUNY

I like em like:

Stanford
U of Minnesota
Emory
U of Vermont
Loyola
NYU
Cleveland Clinic
U of Cincinnati
U of Connecticut
Case Western
U of Texas (Houston)
SUNY

Members don't see this ad :)
Please help me rank:
in alphabetical order:
U of Arizona
U of Kentucky, lexington
Medical Coll of Georgia
St Louis Uni
SUNY- Syracuse
U of Tennessee, Mem
Wake Forest
Washington Hosp center
Wayne State

Please help me rank:
in alphabetical order:
U of Arizona
U of Kentucky, lexington
Medical Coll of Georgia
St Louis Uni
SUNY- Syracuse
U of Tennessee, Mem
Wake Forest
Washington Hosp center
Wayne State

I like em at the top like:

Wake Forest
U of Kentucky, lexington
U of Arizona
St Louis Uni
U of Tennessee, Mem

The rest of these rank em as you like em:

Medical Coll of Georgia
SUNY- Syracuse
Washington Hosp center
Wayne State

I'm looking for a well balanced program with good basic/translational research without sacrificing clinical training.

In alphabetical order:

1.- Boston University
2.- University of Connecticut
3.- Indiana University
4.- University of Iowa
5.- University of North Carolina
6.- University of Oklahoma
7.- Penn State University
8.- University of Tennessee
9.- Texas A&M
10.- Tulane University
11.- University of Utah
12.- University of Vermont

Thanks

I'm looking for a well balanced program with good basic/translational research without sacrificing clinical training.

In alphabetical order:

1.- Boston University
2.- University of Connecticut
3.- Indiana University
4.- University of Iowa
5.- University of North Carolina
6.- University of Oklahoma
7.- Penn State University
8.- University of Tennessee
9.- Texas A&M
10.- Tulane University
11.- University of Utah
12.- University of Vermont

Thanks

Nice list, based on your criteria, maybe something like this:

UNC
Iowa
Utah = Vermont = Indiana
BU = UConn = A&M
Tenn
Penn State = OK = Tulane

I like em at the top like:

Wake Forest
U of Kentucky, lexington
U of Arizona
St Louis Uni
U of Tennessee, Mem

The rest of these rank em as you like em:

Medical Coll of Georgia
SUNY- Syracuse
Washington Hosp center
Wayne State

Thanks!

thanks

I like em like:

Stanford
U of Minnesota
Emory
U of Vermont
Loyola
NYU
Cleveland Clinic
U of Cincinnati
U of Connecticut
Case Western
U of Texas (Houston)
SUNY

:xf:Thanks for your help fellas. I was wondering a few things
1. Didn't know you guys would place Iowa near the top (new it was good though). Someone told me they didn't fill last year in the match.
2. I thought Temple was well known for their pulmonary department (although their other dept not so much)
3. I would've guess you guys to rank USC higher, and Loyola a bit lower..

I like them like:

Emory University
Loyola University
Ohio State University
Henry Ford Hospital
Temple University
Lahey Clinic

:xf:Thanks for your help fellas. I was wondering a few things
1. Didn't know you guys would place Iowa near the top (new it was good though). Someone told me they didn't fill last year in the match.
2. I thought Temple was well known for their pulmonary department (although their other dept not so much)
3. I would've guess you guys to rank USC higher, and Loyola a bit lower..

I'd bet if Iowa didn't fill it was because of location. This kind of thing happens every year to at least one of the better programs unfortunately (though not always for pulm/cc, I meant in general) - don't interview enough people because they don't think they had to.

Your overall points though do kind of bring up a point, IMHO, that others were trying to make earlier. At this point in the game the program you go to will define your career, so you need to examine what it is YOU want from your career and training. There are probably only a handful of "bad" pulm/cc programs and the rest are good, simply do different things, some "better" than others. Are you looking for more critical care? or more Pulm? Do you want to see pulmonary hypertension or idiopathic fibrosis or etc.? Do you want to do research on those topics? What about on mice in basic science lab? Do you want 18 months of research or the minimum? How much interventional bronch do you want to learn? Is it important to you that you know how to stent an airway or laser a lesion coming out of fellowship?

The on top of that, do you like the location? Will your wife be miserable? Can your kids find a decent school? If you're single is there a social scene? Do the people at the program seem nice? Do they say nice things to you when you're there? Or can you put up with curt as long as you get the training you want? How old is the program? How mature is the program? Do you think the program can deliver what it promises? Lot's of places say, "Oh we're in the middle of implementing 'X', and it should be here by the time you get here" while other places have 'X' already up and running for years

The best list won't be my list of ranking based on how I see the programs, but YOUR list based on what you want to do with you life. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
st luke roosevelt NYC
st carita boston
cook chicago
u of Louisville
u of Tennesse
A&M scott &white
Cleveland clinic
Metro health case western, cle
U Loma linda
Loyola U
Penn State Hershey
U of Albany

Cleveland Clinic
Loyola U
Univeristy of Louisville
Penn State Hershey
University of Tennessee
Scott and White TX
Loma Linda U
St Carita boston
Metro Health Case western
University of Alabany
St Luke Roosevelt
Cook

Cleveland Clinic
Loyola U
Univeristy of Louisville
Penn State Hershey
University of Tennessee
Scott and White TX
Loma Linda U
St Carita boston
Metro Health Case western
University of Alabany
St Luke Roosevelt
Cook

I think if that's the list you like, then that's the right list :D

Temple
Drexel
Methodist-Brooklyn
SUNY-Brooklyn
Loyola
UT-Houston
Beth Israel-Newark
Memorial-Sloan Kettering (Pulm. but guaranteed CC after 2 years)
Allegheny-Pittsburgh
Tulane
St.Louis

thanks

There are probably only a handful of "bad" pulm/cc programs and the rest are good

would you please poit out some of the "bad" program, I'm very curious to know them.

Northwestern
U of Vermont
U of Cincinnati
U of Connecticut
U of Minnesota
Emory
NYU
Stanford
Cleveland Clinic
Loyola
Case Western
U of Texas (Houston)
SUNY

Great Set of programs; though my feeling differ from JDH
1. Stanford (without a doubt)
2. NYU
3. Emory (this program is generally overrated)
4. U Minnesota (though location might be an issue)
5. CCF (cleveland; though slightly malignant from word of mouth)
6. U Cinnci
7. Case Western
8. UT-Houston/SUNY/U Vermont/UCONN (all basically similar)

Temple
Drexel
Methodist-Brooklyn
SUNY-Brooklyn
Loyola
UT-Houston
Beth Israel-Newark
Allegheny-Pittsburgh
Tulane
St.Louis

thanks

best program by reputation is Sloan; that being said based upon all other aspects
1. MSK
2. Loyola
3. Downstate
4. Drexel
5. St louis
6. Methodist
7. Allegheny
8. Beth Israel (Newark)

Temple
Drexel
Methodist-Brooklyn
SUNY-Brooklyn
Loyola
UT-Houston
Beth Israel-Newark
Allegheny-Pittsburgh
Tulane
St.Louis

thanks

I like em like:

Loyola
St.Louis
Tulane = UT Houston
MSK
Drexel = Allegheny
Methodist-Brooklyn = SUNY-Brooklyn = Beth Israel-Newark

MSK simply doesn't impress me that much for general pulm overall, though might be good for a niche if that's you're interest

As for which programs are "bad" programs . . . I don't know. I didn't interview at one, and like I said there are "probably" on a handful of these programs - I assumed they existed. But I don't know any by name and I'm not sure I'd name names if I did - at least not on an open forum - maybe by PM if I had real concerns.

thanks Guys very much, but what about Temple, both just skipped..

thanks Guys very much, but what about Temple, both just skipped..

temple is definitely not like drexel.
locale wise they are similar, but temple definitely has the edge in reputation

to rank MSK more toward the bottom would be silly, if you consider reputation alone (while I'm not a fan of this program, their reputation is strong)

drexel is not like allegheny either (generally, going to a private hospital will limit your future career possibilities; going to a university program generally gives you the opportunity to at least attempt an academic career whereas going to a private hospital makes an academic career more difficult; obviously the stronger the university hospital reputation, the more likely you would be to enter academic medicine)

again, majority of these posts are quite subjective; truly depends on what you would want out of your training & also location may play a big factor in your decision

Great Set of programs; though my feeling differ from JDH
1. Stanford (without a doubt)
2. NYU
3. Emory (this program is generally overrated)
4. U Minnesota (though location might be an issue)
5. CCF (cleveland; though slightly malignant from word of mouth)
6. U Cinnci
7. Case Western
8. UT-Houston/SUNY/U Vermont/UCONN (all basically similar)

What are your thoughts on Northwestern (you left it out) and why do you feel Emory is overrated? Thanks.

temple is definitely not like drexel.
locale wise they are similar, but temple definitely has the edge in reputation

to rank MSK more toward the bottom would be silly, if you consider reputation alone (while I'm not a fan of this program, their reputation is strong)

drexel is not like allegheny either (generally, going to a private hospital will limit your future career possibilities; going to a university program generally gives you the opportunity to at least attempt an academic career whereas going to a private hospital makes an academic career more difficult; obviously the stronger the university hospital reputation, the more likely you would be to enter academic medicine)

again, majority of these posts are quite subjective; truly depends on what you would want out of your training & also location may play a big factor in your decision

I'm a little confused but WHAT "reputation" of MSK with regards to pulm OR critical care make them "better" on a reputation list. This isn't heme/onc.

And you're right it all subjective, even your opinion, so you should really stop selling it like it's the best one on the board

I'm a little confused but WHAT "reputation" of MSK with regards to pulm OR critical care make them "better" on a reputation list. This isn't heme/onc.

And you're right it all subjective, even your opinion, so you should really stop selling it like it's the best one on the board

Well, I didn't mean for you to get defensive. Definitely not my intent. And I'm definitely not trying to sell the program, as I stated before. But, given what was presented, it was the program with the best reputation on that particular list.

Just like you have been saying all along. It depends upon what people are looking for. If somebody 'feels' that one program is better (in that they fit into one place over another; or they simply get that vibe from a place, then thats what I'd go on); but not on a 'reputation'

What are your thoughts on Northwestern (you left it out) and why do you feel Emory is overrated? Thanks.

From my understanding, Northwestern used to be a major PCCM powerhouse. Some hearsay was that there were some administrative changes taking place there. What exactly that means, I'm not sure. The name is still very good as is the location. Is it a UW/Denver-Jewish/Deaconess, no, but still highly rated.

Emory, my feeling is that it is an above average program in the south region. Its probably the best program in georgia & florida, but MUSC is much better, as is UAB, Vanderbilt, & Duke.

Just like JDH will echo, it will always go back to what you in particular are looking for. Did you get along with the people there, did you like the breakdown of training (is it equally research & clinical or is there more clinical work), how were the fellows, how did you like the location? Or you might have totally different questions that are more important to you.

In fact, if Emory was the most amazing program in your opinion, you should go for it. Gotta remember its your happiness for the next 3-years not mine
:):):):):):):)

Can you please help me with ranking the following programs (just based on program strength and reputation):

Mayo Clinic Rochester
Northwestern
Emory
Cleveland Clinic (Ohio)
University of Maryland
Boston University
University of Alabama
Baylor College of Medicine
Medical University of South Carolina
Wake Forest
University of Minnesota

Hi Guys :
can help me rank the following P/CC programs based on reputation
i will put them in a random order:
1- UT houston
2- Loyola
3- baylor
4- wisonson
5- tufts
6- henry ford
7- kentuky

Can you please help me with ranking the following programs (just based on program strength and reputation):

Mayo Clinic Rochester
Northwestern
Emory
Cleveland Clinic (Ohio)
University of Maryland
Boston University
University of Alabama
Wake Forest
University of Minnesota

Nice list - tough to rank, but if we're going with strength PLUS reputation, I'd probably toss them together a little like this . . . .

UAB
Minn
Baylor
Maryland
Emory
CCF
MUSC
Wake
NWern
BU

Hi Guys :
can help me rank the following P/CC programs based on reputation
i will put them in a random order:
1- UT houston
2- Loyola
3- baylor
4- wisonson
5- tufts
6- henry ford
7- kentuky

Wisconsin
Baylor
KY
Loyola
Tufts
Henry Ford
UT Houston

Thanks , what makes KY better than Loyola and UT Houston?

Nice list - tough to rank, but if we're going with strength PLUS reputation, I'd probably toss them together a little like this . . . .

UAB
Minn
Baylor
Maryland
Emory
CCF
MUSC
Wake
NWern
BU

Hi jdh71, thanks a lot. Where is Mayo on this list? Do you think UAB has a stronger reputation than Mayo / Cleveland Clinic ? Just wanted to know what you think.

Thanks a lot

Hi jdh71, thanks a lot. Where is Mayo on this list? Do you think UAB has a stronger reputation than Mayo / Cleveland Clinic ? Just wanted to know what you think.

Thanks a lot

I forgot Mayo didn't I? Mayo is the biggest academic name on your list, but I've got my own opinions about the clinical strength, which isn't saying it is bad, but merely saying I think other places will be clinically stronger for various reasons, and as such I'd put them in above Maryland. CCF is very strong clinical training, but not as strong an academic reputation. When putting together your list, I tried to factor in both.

Bottom line on your list, is that you have a lot of really awesome programs to rank and will be fine going to any of them, which makes it easy for you because you can simply rank them how YOU liked them.

EDIT: And rethinking things this morning, I may have been too generous with Maryland and not nice enough to MUSC . . . but that's what happens when you have such a nice list

Mayo Clinic Rochester
Northwestern
Emory
Cleveland Clinic (Ohio)
University of Maryland
Boston University
University of Alabama
Wake Forest
University of Minnesota

This is a great list. though i couldn't disagree more with the prior rankings

1. Mayo
2. BU
3. MUSC
4. Minn
5. Cleveland Clinic
6. UAB
7. Emory
8. Maryland
9. Wake Forest

While most people go by the USNews ratings on best pulmonary programs, that isn't the end-all-be-all. BU has a tremendous reputation among PCCM program directors & is definitely above a lot of the others on the list.
Nonetheless, its a great group of programs

I couldn't disagree more about the national perception, ie reputation of BU. After seeing this post I asked my home Pulm/cc PD and the Pulm/cc PD where I'm going and they both said essentially that while they were sure BU was a fine program they have no clue what they're doing there. Definitely not a big name player in either pulmonary or critical across the country. Perhaps regionally.

Hey jdh, pccdoc
Your views with the rank lists have been very useful. Wonder if you could comment on the following ROL:
NYU
Cleveland
Mayo
Baylor
MUSC
UT Houston
Brown
Thomas Jefferson
Montefiore
UAB
Georgetown
WHC
Albert Einstein

The only reason why UAB is this low is that I felt they had an immense push towards bench research under their new chair- I'm looking for something with a more clinical slant/clinical research

Thanks in advance

Hey jdh, pccdoc
Your views with the rank lists have been very useful. Wonder if you could comment on the following ROL:
NYU
Cleveland
Mayo
Baylor
MUSC
UT Houston
Brown
Thomas Jefferson
Montefiore
UAB
Georgetown
WHC
Albert Einstein

The only reason why UAB is this low is that I felt they had an immense push towards bench research under their new chair- I'm looking for something with a more clinical slant/clinical research

Thanks in advance

Mayo and MUSC are going to push the bench research at you too . . . if you feel good that they'll allow you to tailor your research along clinical research lines . . .

Otherwise NYU, CCF, and Baylor are going to have awesome clinical experience for someone more interested in that direction. The list looks pretty good to me, if that's what you're looking for.

Hey jdh, pccdoc
NYU
Cleveland
Mayo
Baylor
MUSC
UT Houston
Brown
Thomas Jefferson
Montefiore
UAB
Georgetown
WHC
Albert Einstein

Thanks in advance

Nice set of names; reputation wise big mix

1. Mayo
2. Brown
3. MUSC
4. NYU
5. Cleveland
6. UAB
7. Jefferson
8. Baylor
9. UT-houston
10. Monte
11. Georgetown
12. Washington Hospital
13. Albert Einstein

Brown is a great program in not the greatest location
MUSC again has always gotten praise from everybody thats interviewed
there, though its south carolina
NYU is a clinical program
Cleveland tends to stress bench research as does UAB (& if locations plays a part, this program can move up down)
Jefferson is an overrated program that is considered malignant by many (as is Baylor)
UT-houston (i'm not familiar with; didn't interview here)
Monte(is overrated many for location; this part of the bronx is semi-nice; program is fellow dependent/heavy work)
Most people at Georgetown applying for PCCM don't stay there (make what inference you want about that being said)
The last two are good I guess, but compared to good university programs thats just where they end up

I've said it before, these lists are all BS; I'm gonna spit my opinion out, then JDH will throw in his/her two cents. Bottom line as always is to follow your instinct. To make your ROL based upon reputation (whoever it is, is crazy); gotta remember that you will be at that program for 3-4 years & if your going there for the wrong reason, you're not going to be happy

Thanks guys

Thought Cleveland was largely clinical as well, in that they offer 18 months of core pccm and the other 18 flexible to one's career goals- research/copd/ild/ip. Which is why I ranked it fairly high given that you can get thru fellowship w/o having to spend a year in the lab.

Any thoughts on how competitive it is to get into IP if you go into a PCCM program which doesnt have an IP fellowship. I know cleveland is starting one this year, and UT Houston has one with MD Anderson- but felt that the presence of an IP Fellow is gonna take away a LOT of ebus/navigations away from the PCCM fellow.

AECOM at Beth Israel (NY): cafed, MopoMD,docviral
AEMC (Philly): MopoMD
Baylor College of Medicine: jrdagooc, Barny, dnr dni, subtle1epiphany
Boston University: SIGA, Barny
Brown: dnr dni, CrazyWeasel, cafed
Carillion Clinic: aryan3, PCC0810, pancoast55
Case Western University: lalakis, subtle1epiphany, PAH, MopoMD
Cedars Sinai: PAH
Cleveland Clinic, Ohio: MICU, Barny, Glacier, dnr dni, lalakis, jco, CrazyWeasel,ss197913
Columbia: CrazyWeasel
Cook County, Chicago: dnr dni,
Creighton University: cafed, pancoast55, redeemed, Glacier, MopoMD
Drexel University: jrdagooc, cafed, Glacier, Cubano
East Carolina University: jrdagooc, pancoast55, aryan3
Emory: drl1980, MICU, aryan3, Butler04, Barny, jco, lalakis, PAH,ss197913
Georgetown Univ : dnr dni, Glacier, drl1980
Georgetown Univ/Wash Hosp Ctr: Glacier, dnr dni, jco, PAH
Harbor-UCLA: subtle1epiphany, Icuswagger
Harvard Combined: CrazyWeasel
Henry Ford: Docpulm, MopoMD
Indiana University: SIGA, jco, pancoast55, Butler04, subtle1epiphany
Loma Linda University: Glacier,ss197913
Loyola University: Glacier, lalakis, cubano, PAH,ss197913
LSU Shreveport: Icuswagger
Mayo Clinic, Rochester: dnr dni, Barny, Glacier, SIGA
Mayo Clinic, Florida: Aryan3
MetroHealth CWR in Cleveland:MopoMD
Montefiore Medical Center: cafed, Barny, Glacier, dnr dni, aryan3, pulmo9, MopoMD
MUSC: Barny, jco, Butler04, dnr dni, subtle1epiphany, pancoast55, cafed, Cubano
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center: aryan3, Cubano
New York University: CrazyWeasel, lalakis, dnr dni, cafed, drl1980, Barny
Northwestern University: Barny, lalakis
Ohio State University: redeemed, jco, subtle1epiphany, Butler04, PAH
Oregon Health and Science University: cafed, subtle1epiphany
Pennsylvania State University: SIGA, jrdagooc
Rush University: Glacier, dnr dni, NikitaPCCM, MopoMD
St. Elizabeth Caritas, Boston: Glacier
St Luke's/Roosevelt: cafed
St. Louis University: imeddoc, aryan3, Glacier, Cubano, PAH,ss197913
Stanford University Medical Center: Barny, lalakis
SUNY at Buffalo: MopoMD
SUNY downstate (Brooklyn): lalakis
SUNY Upstate (Syracuse): jrdagooc
Temple University Medical Center: jrdagooc, Barny
Texas A&M, Scott and White: Glacier, SIGA, subtle1epiphany, NikitaPCCM,ss197913
Thomas Jefferson University: dnr dni, Barny , ss197913
Tufts Medical Center: Glacier, jco, docviral, CrazyWeasel
UMDNJ-RWJ New Brunswick: jrdagooc
University of Alabama (Birmingham) - UAB: Barny, dnr dni, jco, PAH
University of Arizona: Cubano
University of Arkansas(UAMS)- dnr dni, cafed
University at Buffalo: cafed
University of Cincinnati: Barny, MICU, Butler04, lalakis, jco,ss197913
University of California, Fresno: residentpccm, aryan3,ss197913
University of California, San Diego: Aryan3
University of California, Davis: Aryan3
University of Connecticut: SIGA, lalakis
University of Florida: redeemed, Butler04
University of Illinois at Chicago: Barny, NikitaPCCM, aryan3, jco, PAH
University of Iowa: NIkitaPCCM, aryan3, subtle1epiphany, SIGA
university of Louisville docviral
University of Maryland Medical Center: Barny
University of Massachusetts: NikitaPCCM
University of Michigan: CrazyWeasel
University of Minnesota: jco, aryan3, lalakis, PAH, Barny
University of New Mexico: subtle1epiphany
University of Nebraska Medical center:aryan3, pulmo9
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: subtle1epiphany, CrazyWeasel, SIGA
University of Pennsylvania: drl1980, CrazyWeasel
University of Rochester: jco, PCC0810, aryan3, CrazyWeasel
University of Southern California: CrazyWeasel, Glacier
University of Tennessee Health Science Center docviral, Butler04, Cubano, SIGA,ss197913
University of Texas, Houston: Glacier, dnr dni, lalakis, Barny
University of Texas Southwestern: drl1980
University of Texas Medical branch : aryan3
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio: Icuswagger
University of Southern California: Icuswagger
University of Utah: PAH, aryan3, Glacier, SIGA,ss197913
University of Vermont: pancoast55, SIGA, lalakis
University of Virginia: redeemed, subtle1epiphany
Virginia Commonwealth University: Butler04, subtle1epiphany
Wake Forest University: jrdagooc, Butler04, Barny, PAH,docviral
Washington University, St Louis: MICU, drl1980
Wayne State University: pulmo9, aryan3,docviral, Glacier,ss197913
Winthrop Hospital: cafed, jrdagooc, PCC0810, pancoast55, MopoMD
Yale: jco, MICU, drl1980

Critical Care Programs
Mayo Clinic Rochester: Barny, pinocchio
UPMC (U Pitt): Barny, pinocchio,rikab
UMDNJ-Camden-CCM: Barny
AECOM(Bronx): rikab
Orlando health: rikab
Geisinger: Icuswagger

Pulmonary Programs
Bridgeport Hospital/Yale: Docpulm,docviral
Rosalind Franklin (Chicago): jrdagooc
University of Tennessee (Knoxville): jrdagooc

Hey fellas & ladies

I got a couple CC interviews, but no go:

As for Pulm/CC I ranked:

In descending order
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
UCLA-Harbor
LSU-Shreveport
USC

not to many, but what do you guys think?

thanks

Thanks guys

Thought Cleveland was largely clinical as well, in that they offer 18 months of core pccm and the other 18 flexible to one's career goals- research/copd/ild/ip. Which is why I ranked it fairly high given that you can get thru fellowship w/o having to spend a year in the lab.

Any thoughts on how competitive it is to get into IP if you go into a PCCM program which doesnt have an IP fellowship. I know cleveland is starting one this year, and UT Houston has one with MD Anderson- but felt that the presence of an IP Fellow is gonna take away a LOT of ebus/navigations away from the PCCM fellow.

IP fellowship is going to be competitive, and from what I've seen most places are simply giving their spot to the in-house guy who wants it, if they even have one. Private practices are recruiting very heavily for people who can do EBUS especially. It's also important to note that there is no formal boarding in IP yet, so it's not like you'll need to do a sub-fellowship if you can find a program that will give you the numbers needed to feel comfortable on your own. And you are correct, any place that has an IP fellow will scavenge your procedures. Pros and cons . . .

Hey fellas & ladies

I got a couple CC interviews, but no go:

As for Pulm/CC I ranked:

In descending order
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
UCLA-Harbor
LSU-Shreveport
USC

not to many, but what do you guys think?

thanks

SA is a great program, kind of a sleeper

how is everyone doing with the lists?

Last edited:
What are your guys thoughts on National Jewish/Univ of Colorado's pulm/CC fellowship?