Publication Q: Manuscipt in preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Multifidus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did some research about 2 years ago, and my name is on two manusciprts that are in preparation for two different journals. Can I enter these manuscripts in the publication section of ERAS?

Also, what exactly does manuscript in preparation mean? Does this mean it has already been accepted by the journal?

Lastly, if my name is included on an oral presentation, but I was not actually at the presentation, should I still include it in ERAS?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The first and third topics have been discussed ad nauseum in this forum. Do a search.

MS in preparation means that you've started writing it, have most/all of the data in hand and are planning to submit it in the near future if all goes well. You don't have to list what journal you're submitting it to. If it has been accepted, then you should note it as accepted, which journal it's going in and, if you have a pub date, that as well.

BE (now PE)

"Manuscript in preparation" sounds--to me--like you're still preparing the manuscript, i.e., haven't even sent it out for consideration. I like to use the word "forthcoming" and give the volume/issue number of the journal if possible (or at least a vague date, such as Spring 2008).

Don't know about 'manuscript in preperation.'

But, to the first question: yes

And to the second question: yes

I don't see why the works you mentioned couldn't be listed in ERAS. It says to include pubs, presentations, etc. As long as your name appears somewhere in the author line ...then, list it! It might help you, and it sure can't hurt you. :D

by the way - I am posting on SDN like a madwomen right now, because I am on-call in the MICU with no admits and no patients (last one expired :() and I'm sooo bored! You can only check your email so many times, you know? I would "read" except I'm a 4th year, and I don't do that anymore