This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmStudent215

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the PTCE in less than 3 weeks. So far I have been studying using Mosby's Review for the PTCE by Mizner (2e), studying flash cards on the top 100 drugs, studying flash cards on drug class prefixes + suffixes, and studying through the pharmacy-tech-study website. Is there anything else I should go over to make sure I pass and is 2 weeks of studying (a few hours each day) enough to pass? I really don't want to retake this exam, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Drugs are really only one part of our scope of knowledge. Obviously top 200 are important, as well as basic indications (knowing generic and brand names isn't the only thing you need to know). My exam was heavy on actual practice based knowledge. Make sure to study flow rate calculations, volume and weight conversions, and basic pharmacy tech stuff (How to operate a flow hood, how to measure fluids precisely, parts of a needle/syringe, etc.) Pharmacy Law also plays a big part. I can't tell exactly what will be on your exam, obviously, but just make sure you touch on everything, with emphasis on the more obvious stuff (math, indications, basic interactions, trade names, law, etc.)

Best of luck to you! If you need any help/advice I'd be more than happy to assist.

Honestly, in my opinion, I don't think 2 weeks is enough. But thats just me. People told me I should have only studied for a week but I am glad I went way over on study time.

Reactions: 1 user