Psychology and Sociology Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedMicro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a really hard time studying for this section. I have never taken any courses in either of these discipline so I am studying from scratch.

I bought and read most of the Princeton Review psychology and sociology book, but I am finding it really boring to read so I am not grasping the concepts really well. I also find the book goes into a lot of detail that I do not need to know and I have a problem deciphering the important points I actually need for the MCAT.

What was a good source for this section for studying? How did you study for this section?

Instead of reading the the entire book, I am thinking instead of just writing flashcards for every topic the AAMC says to review. Is this good enough?

Someone please help!

Members don't see this ad.

Lots of people with your experience. Honestly just go ahead and do the most basic review you can just so the vocabulary of the section feels familiar to you. Personally, I just lightly read the Kaplan P/S book and flashcarded high-yield terms. I was a chem major and psych/soc was somehow my highest subsection lol