Psych/Behavioral-Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pril

7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very concerned about my weakness in Psych/Behavioral science. First year my lowest grade was behavioral and this year Psych is my lowest so I am worried about how this will affect my step 1? I know it is not one of the big P's but is there a certain book that will help me answer most of the question on the step?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

high yield/brs seem to be well-liked. i think that you could work your way through most of these, if you get a general idea of the concepts and trust your instincts ("how would empathically deal with this situation, etc")

I actually would not count on your *instincts* for many of these behavioral questions. Most people do not find these answers intuitive, particularly the way the answers are worded for this question. BRS or High yield is excellent, one of my dean's told me that the author of these books (ed 1-2) is actually the same author of the behavioral questions on the USMLE.

In addition to Fadem's High Yield book, I also found Q Bank to be very helpful.