Projectile Motion on the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DemonDeacon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it on it? It's not on the outline the MCAT provides.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure it is covered and I believe it would fall under the topic of Translational Motion on the outline (kinematics).

I know there were projectile motion problems on the practice tests but I'm not sure about the real thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, its fair game. don't even bother with that silly ass outline provided by the AAMC. if you read the whole thing, you'll probably agree that they could have saved themselves and the test-takers lots of time by just saying:

I.) Everything

seems like a more concise outline to me.

There was a projectile motion passage on my PS section.

Aside from that, use common sense. Projectile motion is pretty much first semester physics bread and butter. I'd be suprised if you DIDN'T see it on the MCAT.

P.S. It was also on every practice test I took

Yeah, even if they don't give you a problem on projectile motion, you can almost be sure you will see at least one or two questions about theory. I can't remember all that well, but I am pretty sure there were a few questions on this past April's administration, but I think they were discreets and not passages.

Right, I believe that I had a standalone on projectile motion this April.

THnaks for all the help! I don't remember seeing any projectile stuff on the april exam, at least not on my form... so that's why i was curious.