Programs not interviewing this year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erectorspinae

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Might be a good time to start this thread, anyone know of places not looking for folk this year? I'm assuming FREIDA is wildly off since it's listing 50% as not taking applicants.
Off the top of my head I know Sinai IS taking folks, I know it's up in the air there some years.

Members don't see this ad.

Is Moffitt interviewing this year? On the ACGME website, it says they have 6 accredited positions, with 2 in the first through third years.

I believe Rush won't be interviewing this year (assuming they maintain their normal 2-2-2-0 cycle)

Members don't see this ad :)
Einstein will not be interviewing this year.

NY Methodist will not be interviewing.

Right, so why do these programs decide not to interview? Do they 1) not have a spot for the upcoming year or 2) have a candidate outside the match?

Methodist does not have spots every year. Instead of accepting every year, they are on a 2,2,0,0 schedule. They will interview next year for 2013.

I'm the Radiation Oncology Residency Program Coordinator at Jefferson. An applicant called and said he heard that Jefferson was not offering two spots for 2012. That is not true.

Jefferson is accepting applications via ERAS (until 10/15/2010) and will be offering two spots for 2012.

Can anyone verify if USC is also not taking applicants this year?

columbia and cornell interviewing this year??