Program requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happygolucky1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For programs that do not specify what they want (MSPE, USMLE scores, official medical school transcripts, # of LOR, etc) on their website, what do you do in that case?

Members don't see this ad.

For programs that do not specify what they want (MSPE, USMLE scores, official medical school transcripts, # of LOR, etc) on their website, what do you do in that case?

Here's the thing...all of those items that you mentioned should be considered standard in your application. If there's a slot for it in ERAS, and you have it, put it there. The End.

Programs don't mention them because it's like mentioning that you should breathe 10-15x/minute around the clock...it's not something you should really need to be told.

If I were a PD, and you didn't submit one of those things, I'd assume you were hiding something and just s**tcan your app without a second thought. You're better off including something they don't really want than not.

Last edited:
Some of that info is found on FRIEDA.

What GutOnc said makes sense, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
When do you request those things (MSPE, USMLE transcripts)? If I request them now, I don't know where they should send them to. The token is not available until after June 18 I think. At the same time, I don't want to be late for the application and I'm not sure how long these things take.

Last edited:
When do you request those things (MSPE, USMLE transcripts)? If I request them now, I don't know where they should send them to. The token is not available until after June 18 I think. At the same time, I don't want to be late for the application and I'm not sure how long these things take.

Dude...you're talking about a 1 week difference (today until when the tokens are available)...how much of a difference do you think that's going to make?

The USMLE transcripts should take a week or so, the MSPE the same (if your med school doesn't suck). You have plenty of time.

Also...official timeline here.

Also...official timeline here.

Just to clarify.... so ... Jul 1 is the first day you can submit your application, Jul 15 is the first day programs can download your applications, meaning that Jul 15 should be my target submission date since after Jul 15 I'll be at a disadvantage. Am I interpreting this correctly?