Professor Ratings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoCalAud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if all of you are on the same boat as I am, but when it comes to choosing AuD programs I like to know who the professors are, what they're research interests are and how they are rated (by AuD students). I just recently spent the last few hours checking out ratemyprofessor.com and read comments by students about their AuD professors. I know it gives mixed reviews and not very many AuD students would love to spend their freedom time on that website. DId you all do the same? I'd rather have the money for gas and drive down to these schools I like and talk to the AuD students and faculty members.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't remember if I did this in the past but I definitely will today! (At work, no need to waste personal time I could spend here! ;) )

I did visit my prospective school and speak with the professors, however, and feel confident. The student who showed me around said that she'd never had a class she didn't enjoy and/or understand, which is a godsend for me.

Fall2009 I had a Language Disorders professor who would pack 60-100 slides in an hour, with >3 points/slide, and then proceed to read them verbatim. Her style was different than the textbook (Owens, the worst textbook I've ever had), and she pulled her exams from the book.

Spring2010, I had another first-year teacher who had been out in the field for 30+ years before coming to teach. She used a previous professor's slides and changed them (minimally) to fit her needs. Several times she encountered slides about which she knew nothing! Lady, don't expect me to learn something you don't even know!

Anyway, sorry for that rant. My point is: at this point, it can only get better.

OH. And yes, I did explain that on ratemyprofessors.com. I wish more people used it!

Last edited: