Tuition Rates For Audiolog School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aud2015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted at Texas Tech Health Science Center for the Audiology program. I was wondering if anyone else has been through the program and knows what the cost is. Any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently accepted at Texas Tech Health Science Center for the Audiology program. I was wondering if anyone else has been through the program and knows what the cost is. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Aud2015.
Although I do not have the information you're looking for, I hope people would start responding more to this thread because I'm also very curious about a clear break-down of tuition and financial aid options for some of the schools, such as SDSU, WUSTL, UF, CMU, and UW. Hopefully we'll hear back from some of the experts soon! :)

Hi Aud2015.
Although I do not have the information you're looking for, I hope people would start responding more to this thread because I'm also very curious about a clear break-down of tuition and financial aid options for some of the schools, such as SDSU, WUSTL, UF, CMU, and UW. Hopefully we'll hear back from some of the experts soon! :)

Here is the UW-Seattle information: http://depts.washington.edu/sphsc/aud2/tuition_aid.html.

I know many of the current AuD students in the program and most receive some sort of financial aid. Work study positions are available in many of the AuD research labs (you get paid 25-30 an hour). Here is the link to the faculty page:

http://content.sphsc.washington.edu/sphintra/userinfo/contact.asp

Hope this helps!

If you'd like more detailed information or have any other questions about the UW program, please PM me! I'd be happy to answer any questions :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So thankful that you guys are on this forum!

For UW, I heard from a classmate who attended the Open House last January and said they were considering giving OOS students their IS tuition. Not sure if they made that official, yet, but i would definitely call them and ask them about that. As far as SDSU goes, I can give you Dr. Steve Kramer's e-mail address via PM or you can contact their front office at the Speech and Hearing office. The front lady is sweet and helpful.

For UW, I heard from a classmate who attended the Open House last January and said they were considering giving OOS students their IS tuition. Not sure if they made that official, yet, but i would definitely call them and ask them about that. As far as SDSU goes, I can give you Dr. Steve Kramer's e-mail address via PM or you can contact their front office at the Speech and Hearing office. The front lady is sweet and helpful.

Wow! That would make a huge difference for the program if they did. It's unfortunate but the out of state tuition rates make a lot of people change their minds about attending the program. I wonder if you could still get financial aid if you are an OOS getting IS tuition?

If you want to know how much a program charges, an easy way to get a general idea is to use this website and enter the name of the program. It is not 100% correct, but I checked a few universities and the amounts are pretty close to the AuD program websites. The site lists out of state and instate tuition.

http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/collegecost/collegecost.jsp

For what it's worth, I asked about this and was told it was a rumor they were not at liberty to discuss. I guess that's all the info you get as a wait lister ;)

Either way, 43K for a first year is steep. Living in Seattle isn't cheap either! To those OOS considering UW, I hope there is some truth to it!

Well..I've begun looking at housing for fall. If you find a roommate you can easily pay 600 a month including utilities or find a studio or a one bedroom for 800. The transportation is great here and you can easily get around via bus. No car needed really. You get a bus pass with your student id that gets you a free ride on any metro bus 24/7. Cost of living isn't that bad :). There are schools that I considered in which I wouldve needed to buy a car..then gas and insurance. Cost of living may be cheaper elsewhere but likely poorer transportation which may neccesitate a car. This is important when considering clinical placements in my opinion.

Also, please PM if you'd like more info on the tuition stuff etc. I'd be glad to fill you in on the latest.