Private practice: Has anyone seen lido/bupivacaine in stock in the last week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drd105

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so- would you share the source?

Members don't see this ad.

We have not. Nothing in stock anywhere. I'm glad they addressed this issue a the ISIS Vancouver meeting with a recycling campaign.

Reactions: 1 user
Our practice will be out in two weeks (Lido + Bupi). We have not been able to procure anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
have you looked at buying block trays? the ones we have ordered for the office have 2 ampules of lido. i save the extra and have been bringing them in to the ASC...

have you looked at buying block trays? the ones we have ordered for the office have 2 ampules of lido. i save the extra and have been bringing them in to the ASC...
SMART thanks will look!

I am thinking of holding up the local hospital pharmacy.
“No I said gimme all your Omni, not oxy!”

Yeah, we are getting lido in block trays.

Bupi is getting low and haven't been able to buy in months.

We just bought some omnipaque for 2000% normal cost

Don't worry, ISIS is addressing climate change as a priority.

How is ISIS responsible for this? I am honestly asking, I don't understand how they are. I also don't understand how or why we would want them to prioritize efforts into supply chain issues. There mission isn't to make sure interventionalist have supplies. What am I missing?

They did involve themselves with a gpo for cheaper contrast few years ago. Which was nice but maybe raised expectations.

I assume ligaments comment was meant to be magenta.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven’t really had any problems. There was a period of time maybe 4-5 months ago things got tight with Omni at the ASC but we never ran out. Been getting shipments of contrast, 1,2,4% lido and bupi. I work for a yuuuuuge ortho group and I’m sure we have a lot of buying power (if that matters?? Idk). I know our staff in charge of obtaining this stuff have had to explore alternative avenues than pre-COVID though I’m not exactly sure who. And if I told ya, we’ll you know what I would have to do.

I haven’t really had any problems. There was a period of time maybe 4-5 months ago things got tight with Omni at the ASC but we never ran out. Been getting shipments of contrast, 1,2,4% lido and bupi. I work for a yuuuuuge ortho group and I’m sure we have a lot of buying power (if that matters?? Idk). I know our staff in charge of obtaining this stuff have had to explore alternative avenues than pre-COVID though I’m not exactly sure who. And if I told ya, we’ll you know what I would have to do.
I think that matters tremendously. I think my McKesson guy has it and is pretending like he doesn’t 2/2 shuttling it over to groups like yours. I appreciate that info tho it helps solidify my grudge against him ;)

• Haha
I think that matters tremendously. I think my McKesson guy has it and is pretending like he doesn’t 2/2 shuttling it over to groups like yours. I appreciate that info tho it helps solidify my grudge against him ;)
Yikes sorry I typed the semi-colon-parentheses wink and it autocorrected to this super overkill creepy wink. Will resist that urge in the future.

How is ISIS responsible for this? I am honestly asking, I don't understand how they are. I also don't understand how or why we would want them to prioritize efforts into supply chain issues. There mission isn't to make sure interventionalist have supplies. What am I missing?

without interventional pain practice, they won't be an ISIS...unless all these guys are in academia and really don't care what's going on in private practice

I just did what we did in the OR when lido went on shortage a few years back - switched over to mepivacaine. There's no shortage of mepi.

it is an amide anesthetic with increased risk (slightly) for allergic reaction.

it may have a slightly longer half life