~~~Pritzker Class of 2012 Thread~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PS I just ran 8 miles in 72 minutes... I'm so going to be ready for a 1/2 marathon by September! (Actually I'm running another one in June, but hey)

Wow, that's a fantastic time!

In case you haven't seen it already, I thought all you runners might enjoy this discussion in the Allopathic forum about training for races during med school:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=514753

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone!! i was just accepted to pritzker a few weeks ago, and am almost certain that i'll be heading to chi-town this fall! since i couldn't make it to any of the revisit days, just wanted to say what's up to yall.

when is everyone trying to secure their housing by? i know a previous student said most students get it in june/july, but has anyone already gotten it yet?

anyways, its great to see so much enthusiasm on this thread. here's to a great four years :D

Neurofreak --
That's awesome! Congrats on your acceptance, and hope you do decide to come to Pritzker.

In terms of housing, I think there's going to be a lot of info coming our way in May, including a site for finding roommates etc. I'm sort of hoping to live in a studio/one bedroom in Regents for the first year, and they tend to offer places to people based on the time that they put in an application. I turned in my forms/ginormous application fee this week; it's on the early side still I think but since I'm already decided I didn't see any benefit of waiting around. I won't be able to actually pick a room until several months from now, but the leasing agent assured me that there wouldn't be a question of not getting a room at all, though it might not perfectly match my ideal floor/layout preferences.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm now officially registered for the half marathon

Does that mean you're Chicago-bound? Or is it a different half-marathon? :D

EDIT: Ok, reading the above post I see that you are. I just hadn't expected us to be on page 3 already.
Decision time for me will come soon...

I'm assuming everyone recieved thier financial package...what are people's thoughts? are you satisfied?

I didn't get as much as I wanted and I was wondering if it was okay to appeal? Does anyone know any info about the appeal process?

I am also a recreational runner. Maybe this thread is simply a biased sample of our class. I guess I better start running more than 3 miles at a time so I can join in on the fun.

Last edited:
Our lecture hall is going to be divided into two camps: a group of students in Asics and a group of students with yoga mats. :eek:

Do we know where people can take yoga classes in Hyde Park?

I keep regretting not checking out the student gym. Looks nice in the pictures I found.

Our lecture hall is going to be divided into two camps: a group of students in Asics and a group of students with yoga mats. :eek:

hahah.

former runner here!! however, i haven't done a 4+ mile run since senior year of high school :p

Do we know where people can take yoga classes in Hyde Park?

I keep regretting not checking out the student gym. Looks nice in the pictures I found.

I feel like a lot of people take yoga classes at the Regents Park gym (where, incidentally, Barack Obama works out). You'd want to check with someone who is familiar with the place, though. I have no idea if the student gym offers classes or not--it's not really my kind of thing. But yes, the student gym is pretty nice. The weights and equipment are in good shape, and I tend not to have to wait on other people.

So, are there any updates on decisions to attend (or not attend) Pritzker now that the May 15th deadline is approaching?

Seems like people are trickling into the Pritzker facebook group. I'm also curious whether the people who were still deciding in this thread have finalized their decisions yet. Are you for sure sirachsong?

I just wanted to let you guys know that I finally decided 100% on Pritzker today and it feels great to be completely done with this crazy long process! It was a tough decision between a lot of great schools and it eventually came down to pritzker, yale, or michgan, but I feel like pritzker ended up providing basically everything I could ask for in a medical school (great location, true p/f, small class, friendly faculty, fun and diverse students, excellent financial aid, top combined degree opportunities, etc.) and so I am excited to be attending next year and be part of the class of 2012! I am also excited to see the facebook group growing and look forward to see more and more of our future classmates on there over the next couple of months...

Now its time to think about housing... what are all of you doing? How are you going to go about finding roommmates?

Congrats on deciding! The Pritzker housing board has a few posts looking for roommates, as does the wall on the facebook group. I'm deciding when would be a good time to move to Chicago, somewhat complicated by the fact that I'm having to leave my job early no matter what time I go. I'm thinking maybe around July 25, though I can imagine it being fun to move in a week or so earlier and getting to know the other early birds and the 2nd years there over the summer really well.

Seems like people are trickling into the Pritzker facebook group. I'm also curious whether the people who were still deciding in this thread have finalized their decisions yet. Are you for sure sirachsong?

I am! It feels good to have everything finished :).

Day before the deadline :) I'm coming to Pritzker! But I'm gonna head over to the facebook group to look for roommates, and the posting boards. I feel like SDN is an inefficient way to do it.
I look forward to meeting all of you!

Whoops, so many people are seeking roommates that I feel really anti-social for committing to a studio already. Guess I'll have to brush up on my baking skills for when I want people to come visit me :D

any guys looking for roommates? looking to stay at the regents ... just got accepted so hoping im not too late

Just wanted to pop in and say that I will also be a Pritzkerite! I heard Chicago is an AWESOME city... can't wait to move there!

hey guys! i'm also coming to pritzker in the fall and i'm sooo excited. i'm looking for a female roommate to live at regents lemme know if you're interested:)