USMLE Prep time for Step 2 CS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctr2be

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an IMG and I scheduled my CK and CS pretty close to each other. I have about 3 weeks and I'll be taking a live course during that time. I don't want to postpone CS because I'm not sure I'll have my results back in time for ERAS. After I get the scores I need to apply for ECFMG certification too, so it's better to have the results well before September 1st. I'm still confused about the deadline and whether I need to be certified, but that's a whole different post.

I'd like to know if 3 weeks for an IMG is sufficient to pass the CS. I'm a native English speaker, my primary concern is being out of the hospital environment for about a year now.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

DO YOU NEED A STUDY PARTNER AND AN INSTRUCTOR WHO CAN GET YOU READY FOR CS? THEN HERE IS YOUR CHANCE…..

A little bit about me.

I am 4th year medical student and I have been through what you guys are going through. I finished my step 1 and 2 CS, and CK. I wish I had help like this when I was studying for CS exam.

Well here how it will work. I will go over 1 case from the CS book, I will be your SP and I will be grading you as well. Then I will go over the case with you from the beginning to end and explain you what needs to be addressed. This will be free of cost to you. Every case after the first case will be $20 per case. You have spent so much time, money, and effort into this profession you might as well make sure you do your best on this exam. CS is all about PRACTICE, PRACTICE, AND SOME MORE PRACTICE.

I can teach you face to face, one on one, or we can set a time to practice over Skype one on one.

Feel free to contact me if you have any question I am available most of the time. [email protected] or on Skype ID: csprep123.