Preferable SUNY School for Pre-Med

Froot4Lyfe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I'm almost done with creating my final college list for which colleges I'm applying to. I want to apply to one of the SUNY schools, but I've been seeing a lot of mixed reviews regarding which SUNY school is best for premed/med school prerequisites. The following colleges that I'm stuck on are Albany, Geneseo, and Stony Brook (the others are either not on my list because of the safety around campus concern or after seeing certain comments regarding how their professors are). I will be looking into CUNY to see how they are as well. Also, if any of you guys happen to have incite on the safety of these three colleges and whether they are worth the cost/have good financial aid, feel free to add that in too.

Thank you in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Stony Brook is very well known and has a high acceptance rate for med. There's a lot of campus support. It might be harder, but the upperclassmen said the difficulty prepares you well for the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know anything about NY colleges, go to the cheapest (and safest if that is a concern) school that still provides ample opportunities and you can do well at.