This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOtterOne

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applied to the following programs on February 1st:
Columbia University Summer Public Health Scholars Program
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Diversity Summer Internship Program
Washington University in St. Louis Amgen Scholars Program

I'm not sure if these programs have interviews, or, if they have sent out interview requests, since it is the 18th of February, I'm not sure if I should give up hope on these programs. If other 2018 summer applicants, previous applicants and program attendees could weigh in, I would really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

I do not know anything about these programs, but during my undergrad years, I did internships with local and state health departments. A lot of them will have internships for undergrads listed on their websites. Of course, this kind of internship is different than the programs you applied to, but they may be worth applying to if you are looking for some public health experience.

Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Diversity Summer Internship Program

I'm not sure if these programs have interviews, or, if they have sent out interview requests, since it is the 18th of February, I'm not sure if I should give up hope on these programs. If other 2018 summer applicants, previous applicants and program attendees could weigh in, I would really appreciate it!

I also know nothing about this program, but you applied Feb 1 so these places have only had your application for 2 weeks. That is not very long at all. I know waiting is hard, but unless you were already supposed to hear back I would try to be patient.

Members don't see this ad :)

I've been wondering who else has applied to these programs! I am a graduating senior this year and I've applied to:

-Future Public Health Leaders Program - Michigan and Summer Public Health Scholars Program- Columbia.
I have tried to find information regarding last years participants but that doesn't seem to be public knowledge. I know notifications are supposed to come out around the third week in March with phone interviews being the week before. Other than that, there seems to be minimal communication. I'm getting anxious as well, but just hang in there! I'm sure we will hear about interviews in about 1-2 weeks.

Last edited:
Did anyone apply to the UCLA Summer Public Health Scholars Training Program? Also, has anyone heard back from Columbia SPHSP?

Did anyone apply to the UCLA Summer Public Health Scholars Training Program? Also, has anyone heard back from Columbia SPHSP?
I had my interview with UCLA, and I heard Columbia is making interview decisions on March 26th, late because they are understaffed

I think it went well. It was a group interview, so different than interviews I've done in the past. It was a bit intimidating, but I think my group was great, so hopefully we all get in.