pre-naplex vs naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tobie

When in doubt, open another pharmacy school
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the correlation between the pre-naplex scores and naplex scores? didnt score too hot, and was wondering if there was any hope for me.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If ou don't ace PreNAPLEX try to focus and not stress. A few days beforehand I took preNAPLEX and got a 75 ( range was 69-92) and freaked out. Over the next few days I focused in my defecient areas and worked incredibly hard. Passed NAPLEX with a score of 112. Studied for about a month while working 40-50 hours a week.

PreNAPLEX 75 --> NAPLEX 112

I took the pre-naplex 2 times. The first time was during my last rotation and I only score a 55 on it. Second time, just a few days before the real one, I score 114 with range 93 - 129. I got 103 on the real NAPLEX. I think the pre-NAPLEX is a good estimation, only if you have fully prepared for the real NAPLEX.

there is a good correlation but it is not a guarantee though! itook the naplex on wedness lastweek n just found out i passed.i dont know yet how i did interms of score

Kaplan fulll length practice test: 85%
Prenaplex 103 ( a week before naplex)
Naplex on 07-27

Feeling after exam:
It was so easy an exam that i was scared i willl fail becox i probably didnt read the questions well. FInishes an hour and twenty minutes ahead of time.
Preparation Source: Rxprep and question bank
Kaplan
Lange QnA
Naplex Review by Scott
120 calculations

Advice:
Naplex is not drug specific(some exceptions for general obvious side effects most of which you know from pharmacy school such amiodarone--pulmonary issue, INH--need B6, paroxetine or SSRI and sexual issues, )
the broader you read, the better since general knowledge about drug class are more important than concentrating on the "fine details"
Expose yourself to as many practice questions as possible. why?
pracitice, practice, practice (maths and other non-math questions)
If you graduated from us pharmacy school, and you read what people writes here, you shouldnt fail naplex. it is not a hard exam at all.
By the way im a typical average student.

Members don't see this ad :)
I passed the NAPLEX!!! Just got my result today!

Pre-NAPLEX: 125
NAPLEX 5 days after the Pre-NAPLEX: 131

I spent average 6 hours/day x 2 months for studying. I studied with RxPrep mostly and read some big chapters in APHA (calculations, ID, HIV, oncology, HTN, DM, cardio, immunizations). I also did the RxPrep quizbank + APHA practice questions online + 120 math questions + top 200 drugs (brand/generic).

I was actually half asleep for the first half of my exam and could not think clearly d/t a lack of sleep the night before. I had to really force myself to focus :(
I had 15-20 math questions and struggled with about half of them. I ended up guessing on several questions since I couldn't just let them slow me down. There were also 4-5 questions on compounding and PK which I had no clue about. I had 5-6 questions on statistics, asking things like how to interpret outcomes and which study design to use. The remaining portion of the exam was on drug MOA/indications/side effects and pt counseling. Overall, I felt it was harder than the Pre-NAPLEX.

My advice to you is to find your own way of efficiently retaining as much information as possible in the short period of time that you have to study. I watched a lot of Youtube videos on different disease states b/c I'm more of a visual learner and I can't just keep reading the book for more than a few hours.
I'm also the type of person that has to repeat things constantly to fully digest and make them my own... so I spent at least an hour or two daily on the topics that I felt uncomfortable in, such as HIV, ID and oncology, and that helped a great deal in reinforcing my memory.

I passed the NAPLEX!!! Just got my result today!

Pre-NAPLEX: 125
NAPLEX 5 days after the Pre-NAPLEX: 131

I spent average 6 hours/day x 2 months for studying. I studied with RxPrep mostly and read some big chapters in APHA (calculations, ID, HIV, oncology, HTN, DM, cardio, immunizations). I also did the RxPrep quizbank + APHA practice questions online + 120 math questions + top 200 drugs (brand/generic).

I was actually half asleep for the first half of my exam and could not think clearly d/t a lack of sleep the night before. I had to really force myself to focus :(
I had 15-20 math questions and struggled with about half of them. I ended up guessing on several questions since I couldn't just let them slow me down. There were also 4-5 questions on compounding and PK which I had no clue about. I had 5-6 questions on statistics, asking things like how to interpret outcomes and which study design to use. The remaining portion of the exam was on drug MOA/indications/side effects and pt counseling. Overall, I felt it was harder than the Pre-NAPLEX.

My advice to you is to find your own way of efficiently retaining as much information as possible in the short period of time that you have to study. I watched a lot of Youtube videos on different disease states b/c I'm more of a visual learner and I can't just keep reading the book for more than a few hours.
I'm also the type of person that has to repeat things constantly to fully digest and make them my own... so I spent at least an hour or two daily on the topics that I felt uncomfortable in, such as HIV, ID and oncology, and that helped a great deal in reinforcing my memory.

The 120 math questions, you didn't think prepared you enough for the test?

hey everyone!

I just took prenaplex today, 75 out of range 60-95. They said if I were to take the test numerous times, the score would fall in that range, (so am I to understand that I would pass more than I would fail in those multiple attempts? :D

I am freaked out, naplex in a week, and I am trying to review until then but its very hard because all I can think about is failing and having to wait 3 months to take it again! :eek:

What do you guys think? you only need a 70 to pass right? Maybe if I review for another week? :confused:

how accurate are these pre-naplex scores?!

hey everyone!

I just took prenaplex today, 75 out of range 60-95. They said if I were to take the test numerous times, the score would fall in that range, (so am I to understand that I would pass more than I would fail in those multiple attempts? :D

I am freaked out, naplex in a week, and I am trying to review until then but its very hard because all I can think about is failing and having to wait 3 months to take it again! :eek:

What do you guys think? you only need a 70 to pass right? Maybe if I review for another week? :confused:

how accurate are these pre-naplex scores?!

u need 75 to pass

This is what my friend got:

Pre-Naplex: 75 (65-89)

Naplex(after 10 days of more studying): 105

I dont know guys..this 75 on prenaplex that I got is after like a month of reviewing here and there, and 2 weeks of actual studying. I only have a few days left. Also, my brain is really tired after pharmacy school! it is REALLY hard to fit more information in there. you all know what I mean :D
I guess at some point, you have to say that all you can do is try your best :cool:

I took pre-naplex 1 time and scored 92, studied for 3 more weeks to make sure I do ok, and passed NAPLEX with 103. I will take it :) and I would do pre-naplex again if you ask me b/c it gave me some kind of idea on my progress.

Good Luck to those who are gonna take it soon...

pre-Naplex (2 weeks before): 89 (70-108)

pre-Naplex (1 week before): 92 (73-111)

Naplex: 115

Just wanted to add my results to this

prenaplex 78 after that I reviewed all the apha clinicals, then I scored in the kaplan online test 66% and in the real Naplex 105 :)

I studied mainly from the apha all chapters once and from HTN till the end of the ook a total of 3 times+ lange QA + 120 math + Kaplan test (the book one and the online one)

MI mpje the Reiss and Hall and the state booklet,

and I'm an RPH :laugh:

Hey guys, I just wanted to add my two cents worth on this topic. It's my first time posting anything, but I used to frequently browse these forums prior to taking the NAPLEX/when I was studying and I found many of the comments to be reassuring, so hopefully I can make the process a little easier for someone else! :)

First, I want to say the pre-naplex was a life saver for me. I was so, so stressed about not passing the boards. Then I took the pre-naplex and got a 103 about 10 days prior to taking my scheduled test. I had already pushed my test back one week and was ready to do it again, and then I got that great result on the pre-naplex and suddenly I felt very confident and knew I was ready to take the NAPLEX. I would really advise taking the pre-naplex because it did wonders for my self esteem and it was also VERY insightful as it allowed me to see what sort of questions would be on the NAPLEX and what the NAPLEX would look like. So, if you're thinking about whether you should do the pre-naplex or not, go for it. It's just about the best $50 I've ever spent.

Second, I really believe that the pre-naplex does a nice job of predicting your score range on the actual NAPLEX, because I ended up scoring a 104 when I took the NAPLEX back in the middle of August.

So, pre-naplex = 103, NAPLEX = 104.

I'm sure this almost perfect score prediction won't be the case for everyone, but I do think the pre-naplex is very insightful regarding look of the NAPLEX and content of the NAPLEX, does a fairly good job at predicting your score/score range and, most importantly, helps give you the confidence you need to know you're ready for the NAPLEX. :)

Good luck everyone and I hope you find this post reassuring/helpful!