Pre-med where???

StarVolt9

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm having a little difficulty in deciding where to go for pre-med (I'm a senior in high school). Between Hunter and City College, which would overall be the better choice for pre med? I've seen a few posts on their before, but honestly I need more info.
Or how about NYIT? Is the pre med even good there?
Is it worth it to go to NYU, considering that debt? Will I have a better chance of getting into med school if I go to NYU then all of the above?
Also, I was thinking of double majoring, possibly psychology and creative writing, because why not? But is double major + pre med a bit too much? Or should I make one a major and one a minor? Creative Writing is one thing, but not too sure on psychology, though I do want something of the sciences, or possibly even biomed engineering (they all seem interesting to me)
Oh, I heard in Biomed Engineering it is hard to maintain a high gpa. Can someone give me the details on why?
Sorry if it seems like I asked so many questions, I'm a confused senior in high school lol, and thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Major in what you are most interested in. You can fill in the prerequisites. On the school front, I would attend a school where you can develop solid relationship with professors and other faculty, it goes a long way. From what I know, Hunter is a pretty cutthroat competitive premed school.
Also, NYIT does not really have professors doing research, so that may be a hindrance.

Major in what you are most interested in. You can fill in the prerequisites. On the school front, I would attend a school where you can develop solid relationship with professors and other faculty, it goes a long way. From what I know, Hunter is a pretty cutthroat competitive premed school.
Also, NYIT does not really have professors doing research, so that may be a hindrance.
Thanks so much for your advice! I have another question(s). Is it tough to maintain a high gpa for pre-med students? I know med schools want high gpas (in addition to others factors). Of the schools I mentioned, including Colgate Univ. and Stony Brook, which ones would be the best to maintain a high gpa?