Practice Tests vs. Actual OAT

rallthenamesgon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been following these threads for a while now, and I've seen a few people mention that they found some of their practice OAT tests to be harder than the actual test. How true is this? Reason I am asking is because I took a practice test recently, without studying, and the questions didn't seem that hard to me.

I am currently taking or have just finished taking all of the science and chemistry classes and that might be the reason that the questions weren't that bad for me.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say the Kaplan practice tests are a little harder than the actual test, but not that much harder. I thought that they really helped me out on the real deal, which means that the questions must have been similar to those on the practice tests. The OAT is not all that bad if you take the time to study. The material that is covered on it, I took my freshman and sophomore years, so I definitely had to go back and review most of the material.

It depends on what you're using as your practice tests. The one on opted.org is the same difficulty as the actual test. The one on kaplan is marginally harder.