post doctoral associate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busubi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to know what a post doctoral associate post is and how does one go about it.

Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

busubi said:
Hi,

I would like to know what a post doctoral associate post is and how does one go about it.

Thank you so much.

You mean a post-doc job? It's the further training/job that you get after graduating with a PhD (usually in academia, sometimes in industry).

Thanks for replying. I am really not sure whether it is a post-doc job. the thing is one of my friends friend is a post doctoral associate somewhere in florida. all i know is he did his medical degree in India and has not done any other PhD or any thing else.
Now does anything flash?

Thanks again.

GeneGoddess said:
You mean a post-doc job? It's the further training/job that you get after graduating with a PhD (usually in academia, sometimes in industry).

He is probably a researcher in a lab. You can do a "post-doc" with an MD only, though very few people from the US choose this route (since it doesn't lead to licensure). Some MD/PhD's do it in addition to a residency. He also may be doing it to give himself time to become a citizen and/or take the USMLE.