Possible to mature by dedicated? Anything to cut?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Osteosaur

I eat the whole patient
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking COMLEX and USMLE in early June, and my dedicated starts on 4/23. I started doing Zanki pathology, Sketchy Micro, and Sketchy Pharm decks since autumn. Recently I've been going back through the physiology cards. I thought I was doing pretty good, though I'm kind of in a panic. I have 6000 unseen cards remaining and 46 days until dedicated starts.

Mostly I find myself blowing through the new cards, as at this point I just need to get through:
-Immuno
-Cardio physiology
-Renal physiology
-Respirtory Physiology
-Derm
-Public Health
-...and Biochem

I am seriously wondering if the Biochemistry is worth bothering with. Its 2000 cards, after all, and I'm sure a lot of them are kind of stepwise pathways. Did you guys find it useful? Any other approaches I should take or just power through 150 news a day?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking COMLEX and USMLE in early June, and my dedicated starts on 4/23. I started doing Zanki pathology, Sketchy Micro, and Sketchy Pharm decks since autumn. Recently I've been going back through the physiology cards. I thought I was doing pretty good, though I'm kind of in a panic. I have 6000 unseen cards remaining and 46 days until dedicated starts.

Mostly I find myself blowing through the new cards, as at this point I just need to get through:
-Immuno
-Cardio physiology
-Renal physiology
-Respirtory Physiology
-Derm
-Public Health
-...and Biochem

I am seriously wondering if the Biochemistry is worth bothering with. Its 2000 cards, after all, and I'm sure a lot of them are kind of stepwise pathways. Did you guys find it useful? Any other approaches I should take or just power through 150 news a day?
Just do questions man. Zankis great but questions are king. You could do 40000000 zanki cards but applying them in question format is completely different and superior use of your time just my personal opinion

Just do questions man. Zankis great but questions are king. You could do 40000000 zanki cards but applying them in question format is completely different and superior use of your time just my personal opinion

Oh I am. I've been hitting about 40 per day.

Anki's helped me retain stuff and there are more than a few questions I don't think I'd have gotten if I skimmed the info from FA or saw it once in UWorld.

-Immuno
-Cardio physiology
-Renal physiology
-Respirtory Physiology
-Derm
-Public Health
-...and Biochem

I would power through it, it's only 6 weeks. You can use the paired down version of the biochem deck. I posted it here: Which zanki subjects are overkill/not worth finishing?

It's the high yield path biochem, mostly.

@Ho0v-man might have a different opinion on the biochem though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve never seen the shortened version bc I did the full one. But the full one 6 weeks out? Its gonna take too much brain power to learn it in 6 weeks unless you’re super solid on everything else and it’s the only new stuff you’re doing. Seriously. At this point I’d just memorize FA biochem as best you can and make cards over the questions in uworld you miss. The full biochem deck is probably the hardest deck. How many cards are in this lesser deck?

I would power through it, it's only 6 weeks. You can use the paired down version of the biochem deck. I posted it here: Which zanki subjects are overkill/not worth finishing?

It's the high yield path biochem, mostly.

@Ho0v-man might have a different opinion on the biochem though.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen the shortened version bc I did the full one. But the full one 6 weeks out? Its gonna take too much brain power to learn it in 6 weeks unless you’re super solid on everything else and it’s the only new stuff you’re doing. Seriously. At this point I’d just memorize FA biochem as best you can and make cards over the questions in uworld you miss. The full biochem deck is probably the hardest deck. How many cards are in this lesser deck?

1385 cards