Possible DO schools with 485 MCAT score across the US with a steller application!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1130726

Hi, Just wondering if there are any schools across the US that accepts or possibly accepted students before with a 485 MCAT score! My application content seems to be very good, but really bumped the MCAT! I understand that it is a risk to apply and that not many schools if not all accept such a score, but just wondering about any success stories and if so what schools could possibly accept such a score!(NY resident) Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I agree - this is not your year.
Back out of the application process this year and:
1. Study in a different way for your MCAT retake
2. continue adding to your clinical and volunteer activities for a new and better chance next year.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not possible

MCAT is literally the only reason i know someone who ended up in Podiatry

Reactions: 2 users
nope.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Hi, Just wondering if there are any schools across the US that accepts or possibly accepted students before with a 485 MCAT score! My application content seems to be very good, but really bumped the MCAT! I understand that it is a risk to apply and that not many schools if not all accept such a score, but just wondering about any success stories and if so what schools could possibly accept such a score!(NY resident) Thanks
Your score puts solidly in the risk zone for failing out of med school.

Reactions: 2 users
You need to prove to yourself (first, adcoms second) that you'll be able to pass your boards and match successfully. While only one metric, a 485 MCAT does not demonstrate a likelihood of success to either party if you're being truthful.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Retake it my friend.

No sense in applying with that score. Dedicate the time, energy and effort and do better.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Postbacs who had a bad MCAT who got in through linkage without requiring a retake.

New schools need to fill seats.

Stop thinking, "So you're saying I have a chance...". :)

I could be wrong, but couldn't that also count people who retook the test? A 485 or whatever would show up, but these people probably retook it for a much better score

Reactions: 1 user
Wouldn't recommend applying with a sub500 MCAT

Reactions: 1 users