Possibilities with Multiple Dual Degrees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CUPharmD17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a fourth-year pharmacy student and will graduate in a few months with a PharmD and MBA. I am waiting for results of the residency match process, but have began formulating possible backup options just in case. One of my professors has advocated also obtaining a Masters in Public Health. The curriculum will take one more year to complete. Does anyone have experience with this? Also, what opportunities do you think the MBA and/or MPH will provide that I may be overlooking?

Members don't see this ad.

you want 3 degrees? ****...I can no longer compete with you new grads. We're talking PGY3 and 3 degrees....I cant....I just cant....

Reactions: 1 users
Do you have any plans to use the degree? Or is it a year-long place holder for your life? If you have no plan to actually use the degree then it will be a waste and you would be better off working and banking some money.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
you want 3 degrees? ****...I can no longer compete with you new grads. We're talking PGY3 and 3 degrees....I cant....I just cant....
This is the MINIMUM requirement for a PRN job. You must show that passion for pharmacy.

Reactions: 1 users
I see a possibility for much greater debt...

Lol its getting to the point of being in school forever, when are people actually going to practice?

Why would anyone need to practice with all that training?

Reactions: 2 users
PGY3 Advanced Antibiotics Suspension Mixing

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
There's a difference between stacking letters next to your name and having a specific goal and plan. Doesn't seem to me like you have a goal or any reasoning for this idea.

Reactions: 3 users
MPH isn't a very useful degree with a PharmD.