Poor grade during last semester of undergrad before med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshua_msu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could maybe give me help with this one. I may end up with a 1.5 or 2.0 in one of my classes this semester. It is an upper level science but is not a prereq for med school. I didnt really have a hard time in the course, however, I missed an exam. I will be sending out my transcript to my med school as soon as I graduate (1 week). The rest of my courses I should have 3.5's and 4.0's. Will this look bad? Will they put me on academic probation when I start in the fall? Anyone have experience with this before?

Members don't see this ad.

if you are already accepted, you're golden. just pass your classes, graduate, relax over the summer, and get ready for medschool. there's no "pre-probation" at any school that i'm aware of.

congrats and good luck

If they don't require it and your school doesn't require it then you're golden man. As long as you're in you can have a few transgressions as far as grades go. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
You should have seen my final undergrad semester grades. And I earned those bombs before getting accepted anywhere (still on waitlists at the time). Thank God I got in when I did or the only interviews I'd be doing is for a job at the local 7-11.

So like those fine peeps above me said, you'll be okay. Just don't murder anyone or get involved with any international drug rings before school starts and you should be okay. :)

Josh did you interview at UHS in December?

docgeorge,
no sir, i never applied to uhs

Oh ok, for some reason you sounded like someone I knew.