Poll: Will you take one of the COVID vaccines?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will you personally take a COVID vaccine?

• Yes; as soon as available

Votes: 97 66.4%
  • Yes; after waiting a while to see what side effects and complications may emerge

Votes: 32 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Autism

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
I took Pfizer 12/18 and 1/8. No symptoms with first, however with 2nd had some pretty significant myalgias from hours 12-26 and then back to normal. Felt pretty rotten- enough to cancel anniversary dinner. In big trouble now.
I had Covid (mild) in between my doses and am curious if that could have made my symptoms a bit more severe.

Reactions: 1 user
I took Pfizer 12/18 and 1/8. No symptoms with first, however with 2nd had some pretty significant myalgias from hours 12-26 and then back to normal. Felt pretty rotten- enough to cancel anniversary dinner. In big trouble now.
I had Covid (mild) in between my doses and am curious if that could have made my symptoms a bit more severe.
It was prolly just activation of the tracking device

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My spouse had 2/2 Pfizer this week and was sick as a dog for 24h, febrile with myalgias. Definitely plan on getting my second injection before a weekend or taking a day off.

48 hr since 2/2 Pfizer. Achy arm, mild feeling of pain/pressure in axilla, but otherwise doing well.

1st: sore at injection site x24hrs.
2nd:sore at injection site 24-48hrs. supraclavicular node popped up at 48hr, nontender. Mild axillary soreness from nodes at 48hrs, not interfering with work, running, biking, light weights. Cannot find palpable axillary nodes despite soreness. Meh. No fatigue, fever, myalgia. Currently 60hrs out. Pfizer.

I may be in a similar boat on exposure post first dose. I’m sitting here wondering how the dose may impact the potential bout

Finished vaccinations with Pfizer weeks ago. No Sx with first one. Second one felt exactly like an ETOH hangover for 36 hours with also some slight myalgias. Have not had a hangover since the last century. Perfectly normal after the hangover went away. BTW not sure where to post this but a good friend has been on a vent for weeks from Botulism! We thought he was having a CVA and called 911. If it looks like acute bilateral cranial nerve palsies consider Botulism. Took awhile for the experts to make the Dx but in retrospect...

Finished vaccinations with Pfizer weeks ago. No Sx with first one. Second one felt exactly like an ETOH hangover for 36 hours with also some slight myalgias. Have not had a hangover since the last century. Perfectly normal after the hangover went away. BTW not sure where to post this but a good friend has been on a vent for weeks from Botulism! We thought he was having a CVA and called 911. If it looks like acute bilateral cranial nerve palsies consider Botulism. Took awhile for the experts to make the Dx but in retrospect...

Where did your friend get botulism from?? Bad honey?

4.6 million vaccine doses given yesterday

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I ended up getting 2.5 doses of Moderna. They screwed up the 2nd dose and I only got about half(withdrew needle too early), so got a repeat one a few days later. No adverse effects.

New cases are plummeting by the day. Truly a marvel.

I ended up getting 2.5 doses of Moderna. They screwed up the 2nd dose and I only got about half(withdrew needle too early), so got a repeat one a few days later. No adverse effects.

That’s your superhero origin story right there

Reactions: 1 users
36 year old icu nurse s/p second COVID vaccine with Moderna end of January. New onset paresthesias feet and pelvic area and some mild distal weakness. Mri lumbar/thoracic and pelvis normal. Apparently being worked up for Guillain barre...

• Wow
36 year old icu nurse s/p second COVID vaccine with Moderna end of January. New onset paresthesias feet and pelvic area and some mild distal weakness. Mri lumbar/thoracic and pelvis normal. Apparently being worked up for Guillain barre...
Weird.

Board question for physiatrists: what do you see on NCS in guillain barre syndrome?

vaccine 2 months previously is being blamed for possible neuropathy... hmm...
Agree that Sounds desperate.
Kinda like a patient of mine who recently called in urgently to ask what to do about the major sudden rectal bleeding that my epidural caused.

(Epidural was 7 weeks ago)

Kinda like a patient of mine who recently called in urgently to ask what to do about the major sudden rectal bleeding that my epidural caused.

You were too anterior 😂

super long temporal dispersion on motor studies

I had a patient ask me if the epidural causes loss of smell. Epidural was three months prior. I asked if he had Covid. He said yes but wanted to make sure it wasn’t the epidural.

he would make a great internist. Blame everything on the epidermal