Poll: Which is better: 2 part-time vs 1 full-time associateship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poll: Which is better: 2 part-time vs 1 full-time associateship?

• Total voters

I_Love_Huskies

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would like to hear some opinions on this.

Members don't see this ad.

2 part-times offers more flexibility and leverage for the associate. Easier to leave a toxic work environment if it's a PT. Full-time, you're giving the owner "all the power" in the relationship. It can be an abusive situation. It doesn't sit well with me that this one random dentist (with same education as you) has full control over your career and fate. Especially if you're an experienced dentist. Too many jerks and shadiness in this profession sadly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I would think early in one's career 2 part time might be the way to go so you see different systems of patient care and billing as well as have the potential opportunity to do a different mix of procedures. Later in your career, I think ppl would like to be full time at one location particularly if some mix of benefits is provided (caveat for ownership obviously).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you need medical health insurance? Most do. PT does not offer this. FT should.

Here in Canada, all associates are independent contractors. It is unheard of for any associate (regardless of FT or PT) to have medical health insurance offered by owner.