[Poll] What's the longest time on the road you would commute for your desired residency program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What's the longest time on the road you would commute for your desired residency program? (one-way)

• 15 minutes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • 30 minutes

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • 45 minutes

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 1 hour

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • >1 hour

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SS Normandy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know location is a major player for a lot of us as far as where we end up ranking our programs. And with location, a commute often something to consider. Some of us want to live in the city and commute outwards, or vice-versa. Residency hours are of course tough, so how long would be the absolute most you're willing to spend on the road to live in your desired location, and commute to a residency program? I'm asking "one-way," obviously double for the return trip.

Members don't see this ad.

I know location is a major player for a lot of us as far as where we end up ranking our programs. And with location, a commute often something to consider. Some of us want to live in the city and commute outwards, or vice-versa. Residency hours are of course tough, so how long would be the absolute most you're willing to spend on the road to live in your desired location, and commute to a residency program? I'm asking "one-way," obviously double for the return trip.
For me ideally walking distance...but you already know that ;)