*Poll* Did you contact your top choice program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you contact your #1 choice?

• No, no communication from me since the interview

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, I contacted them a while back telling them my *general* interest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I contacted them quite a few weeks ago ranking them highly

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Yes, I contacted them quite a few weeks ago ranking them #1

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Yes, I recently contacted them and told them I was ranking them highly

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Yes, I recently contacted them and told them I was ranking them #1

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I did not participate in this year's match.

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
funny part is, they never contacted me back.. not even once... not even an acknowledgement... dunno what to make of it...
best of luck to all for the match... hopefully, we'll have more details on the ROLs after tomorrow
-samdaman

Visited to ask a few questions, then sent an email telling the PD they were #1...

Members don't see this ad :)
I went back for a second look with my wife to see the town and let the residents know that I was very interested. After all my interviews, I sent an e-mail to the PD letting him know they were my 1st choice.

Originally posted by samdaman
funny part is, they never contacted me back.. not even once... not even an acknowledgement... dunno what to make of it...

Same for me a few years ago and I still ended up at my first choice. Don't read to much into what they say or don't say.

Interesting in that there are 27 4th years who answered the poll but you don't see that many posting here. Who are the lurkers?

the "C"

Yeah, I contacted my top three each with a personalized business letter detailing my interest. I included reasons they were so high on my list, reasons the location was ideal, and where they would be in my list. (#1 vs. ranked extremely high) I fedex'd the letters to each program to give them a little more umph.

b

I'll bite. I told my top choice program - and only my top choice program that they were #1 - several weeks back and again last week. I've heard of people telling several programs that they were #1 and I wanted to make it clear that I was not in that camp.

That being said, I told my number two and three programs that they were "ranked very highly." I'm trying hard not to buy into anything any of the PDs told me, since I have recieved nothing but the most vague of responses - even from my top choice program. I guess 23 days will reveal everything. Ahh, I'm going to need a beer or four to put this waiting anxiety to bed...